PDA

View Full Version : Some tracks stop playing - 6.2.2



PaulB
2006-05-08, 09:46
Has this ever happened to you: After a CD is ripped, you attempted to play the entire disc which holds 11 tracks. After track #8 playing is completed, nothing you can do to have the squeezebox or the Slim Server to continue playing the track #9 on. Going to the folder, clicking on those suspicous tracks easily verify they are playing fine with WMA player. Deleting and re-ripping those tracks didn't do any better.

Any clue what's going on? This is very frustrating.

Thanks.

Siduhe
2006-05-08, 10:56
You don't mention how you have ripped these tracks (EAC, Nero, something else) or into what format ?

One thing - are you trying to play any of these tracks before Slimserver has finished the rescan of your library and imported all the other tracks ? Perhaps by using the Browse Music folder ? I recall a couple of instances where doing this (or interrupting the rescan in some way) gave rise to a similar problem.

If you've corrupted the database somehow, you should find that a full clear and rescan fixes the problem, so long as you allow the scan to run all the way through.

Otherwise, enable the d_paths and d_files flags on the debugging menu (under Server Settings), click on one of the files that won't play - does the log output give you a clue what is going wrong ?

PaulB
2006-05-08, 11:37
Great help!

First, as I remember now - I did go back to a bad habit of playing some tracks before the EAC (yes, that's what I used for ripping, in secure mode) finished ripping the whole CD into WAV files. You're right on.

Second, as you suggested, I turned on the 2 flags, then clicked on the suspicious tracks to show its status. Nothing really special about the data there, so I hit the Play button, and it seemed to play fine, but not for long.

Finallay, I decided to have the server re-scan the database. I think you're right again, I somehow upset the database.

Thanks a lot.

Siduhe
2006-05-08, 12:08
Glad to hear we may be on the right track (no pun intended) !

If the full clear and rescan doesn't work, try stopping slimserver, deleting / moving the slimserverdb.sql file out of Server/cache (if you in a Windows environment), then restarting slimserver. This is the ultimate "clear and rescan" as it forces a full database rebuild.

PaulB
2006-05-08, 12:41
Ah, this is another excellent tip that I like even better, because it's a low level, hotrod way to do things within the server.

Thanks again.