PDA

View Full Version : problem wirh SB3 new firmware

sorgi
2006-05-08, 02:26
I am an user of SB3, I have a wireless net over a Belkin access point. I use XP. Two days ago my soundsqueeze performed a new firmware upload, I think it is number 48, also I had slimserver upgraded from 6.1.2 to 6.2, since then I am having problems connecting the SB3 to the net, some times it cannot connect to the wireless net, some times it cannot obtain a IP adress, (can not find DHCP server), some times it disconnect itself while playing music. When these issues occur I have to make a factory reset and begin configuring the SB3 again. I have also a Rokulabs Soundbridge M-1000, which now appears in the slimserver as a player, and also I get the SB3 menu in the soundbridge, and of course I can play the music library through it.

So the funny thing is that I have a lot of problems with the SB3 which is suppossed to be designed for slimserver, but now I can play my music with other device (soundbridge) which is from another make and use other system

Anybody can explain and give a hand?

mherger
2006-05-08, 02:40
> I am an user of SB3, I have a wireless net over a Belkin access point. I
> use XP. Two days ago my soundsqueeze performed a new firmware upload, I
> think it is number 48, also I had slimserver upgraded from 6.1.2 to
> 6.2, since then I am having problems connecting the SB3 to the net,
> some times it cannot connect to the wireless net, some times it cannot
> obtain a IP adress, (can not find DHCP server), some times it
> disconnect itself while playing music.

I guess you updated from 6.2.1 to 6.2.2 which required a firmware upgrade?

What you should try is a "factory reset": unplug your SB, hold down the
ADD button on the remote while plugging it in again. It should then start
all over again, asking for all the parameters. This often helped me when I
had troubles after a firmware upgrade.

> When these issues occur I have
> to make a factory reset and begin configuring the SB3 again.

Do you really do a factory reset as described above?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

sorgi
2006-05-08, 03:01
Thatīs it, I do a factory reset every time I have one of these issues, I think this is needed because everytime SB3 has a problem getting an IP adress it self assign one of the type 169..., and the only way to wipe it is doing a factory reset (that is what I thnk), regarding the slimsrver I upgraded to 6.2.2 when slimserver told me that a new version was available.

The point is that it is quite uncomfortable doing factory resets and introducing parameters all the time, and Why a device (soundbridge from Rokulabs, works quite fine with slimserver now, (it wasn't recognized before) and SB3 from slimdevices designed for slimserver doesn't?

bpa
2006-05-08, 04:09
The Roku only works on 802.11b while the SB3 will be 802.11g so the WAP will be operating in mixed mode so this may be causing problems.

When working on the SB3 I'd advise you to unplug the Roku. That way Belkin and SB3 should work in G mode only.

Siduhe
2006-05-08, 04:22
How are you allocating IP addresses to the SB and to the Roku ? Via the DHCP server in your router ? What is the length of time of the lease for each IP address ?

You may want to check that there isn't a conflict between the IP addresses of your SB and your Roku - i.e. because you have been rebooting these a lot that your DHCP server may have changed their IP addresses, but you may still be trying to connect with their original settings.

Also check the IP address of your slimserver hasn't changed and / or that the SB and Roku are looking for the right IP address.

catfish
2006-05-12, 04:41
For some unknown reason my SB3 will no longer connect to my wireless network. Everything was working fine until today. I've upgraded to firmware 48 and it won't even recognise the network. Other wireless devices still connect as usual. How long has firmware 48 been out? is there a way to manually change to an earlier version? if so which one? I presume this can't be related to the server as we're not even getting past the first step.

I can still connect wired but dhcp doesn't work (usually does) not sure if its related. Again dhcp is working fine for other devices on the network.

dean
2006-05-12, 11:45
Please get in touch with support (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com.