PDA

View Full Version : Installing DBD::mysql on Windows

JJZolx
2006-05-07, 15:33
Today I needed to reinstall SlimServer when my SVN repository of SlimServer broke (I need to always remember to stop SlimServer when doing an SVN update, otherwise I get locked file errors in TortoiseSVN, sometimes followed by the inability to do a Clean up or any further updates). I'm running the Perl version of SlimServer 6.5 on WindowsXP with ActiveState Perl 5.8.7.x.

So I was hoping for a simpler means of installing the needed MySQL modules rather than taking apart a tar file and painstakingly installing files and folders all over the place. Has anyone successfully used the Windows installation instructions for DBD::mysql at

http://search.cpan.org/src/CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-3.0003/INSTALL.html

Windows
ActivePerl offers a PPM archive of DBD::mysql. All you need to do is typing

ppm
install DBI
install DBD-mysqlThis will fetch the modules via HTTP and install them.

This seems to work and installs both DBI 1.50 and DBD::mysql 3.0002 successfully. But then I receive the following error when starting SlimServer:

install_driver(mysql) failed: DBD::mysql object version 2.9004 does not match bootstrap parameter 3.0002 at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 253.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 130) line 3.

at C:/Program Files/SlimServer/server/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DataModel.pm line 192

Am I running into a version discrpency because SlimServer is using its own installation of DBI rather than the one that gets installed into the Perl directory tree?

JJZolx
2006-05-07, 21:49
Ah well, I never did get this to work using the Perl Package Manager. So I went back, uninstalled DBI and DBD::mysql from the Perl installation using ppm and then installed DBD::mysql to the SlimServer folders the old-fashioned way. Interestingly, I installed version 3.0002 of DBD::mysql and there have been no complaints about the version.