PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Capital FM (London)

twynne
2006-05-02, 12:07
(had this posted in another thread regarding use in the UK, but thought best to break it out separately as the topic varies slightly...)

I've been trying to get Capital FM streaming via my Slimp3 and/or SB3. I've only been testing with the Slim (as it's closest to me at the moment), but can't quite seem to get it working. The URL I've been using is:

http://audio3.musicradio.com/capitalsuperhi

When I try to tune this in, I get 'WMA Convert error - check file types' displayed on the Slim.

Is this an issue particular to the slim, or do I have something configured incorrectly? I was under the impression it's possible to transcode radio stations, so if transcoding to MP3 anyway I can't see why it wouldn't work on the Slim. If I need to change convert.conf, can anyone offer any pointers?

In the other thread someone had mentioned going to Internet Radio > Slim Devices Pics > By City > London, but I don't have the 'By City' menu... mine goes straight to the list of Slim Devices picks... and I can't see any way to enable/change it.

Thanks,

Tom

aubuti
2006-05-02, 12:44
I believe the "By City" menu is only under the Slim Devices Picks on SqueezeNetwork, not when accessing via Slimserver. On SqueezeNetwork there are several Capital FM streams listed: Capital Disney, Capital FM Top 40, Capital FM Classical, and Capital Gold Oldies. I can't verify that they are functioning now because my SB isn't nearby, and softsqueeze doesn't do the transcoding, but give it a shot.

EDIT: Just noticed the "Slimp3" part of your post. Slimp3 can't do SqueezeNetwork, but you should be able to get the stream by using the Radio Tune-in box on the slimserver web interface.

oreillymj
2006-05-02, 12:45
Log on to SqueezeNetwork.
Go to Internet Radio->Slim Devices Picks->By City->London
Then select Capital FM - top 40

twynne
2006-05-02, 13:06
Squeezenetwork doesn't work on the Slimp3. Is there any way to just add Capital so that it will work on the Slim?

Thanks again,

Tom

twynne
2006-05-02, 13:07
EDIT: Just noticed the "Slimp3" part of your post. Slimp3 can't do SqueezeNetwork, but you should be able to get the stream by using the Radio Tune-in box on the slimserver web interface.

Back to my earlier issue. When I add this URL via the Tune-in box I get the error message on the Slim about file types (see above).

Any advice?

Stuart
2006-05-02, 13:12
Back to my earlier issue. When I add this URL via the Tune-in box I get the error message on the Slim about file types (see above).

Any advice?

I can vouch for your problem, I was trying Capital via the tune in without success (I tried Snooper to sniff out the mms). It was only after I found this thread that I found out how to do it via SqueezeNetwork. Perhaps someone will enlighten us why only SN works.

aubuti
2006-05-03, 04:48
In the other thread someone had mentioned going to Internet Radio > Slim Devices Pics > By City > London, but I don't have the 'By City' menu... mine goes straight to the list of Slim Devices picks... and I can't see any way to enable/change it.

Odd. I checked my SB (running 6.5b1 from a couple weeks ago) and it definitely has the 'By City' menu on both SqueezeNetwork and slimserver. But like you, only the one on SN works -- going via slimserver gives the same error. What version of slimserver are you running?

twynne
2006-05-03, 11:16
I'm running 6.2.2.

geoff.sim
2006-11-07, 07:12
I am unable to connect to any of the capital radio stations on my SB3. Thier site says they have changed the way thier streams can be accessed due to licensing laws.

Can anyone help here?

Geoff.