PDA

View Full Version : Qnap TS-101

Stuart
2006-05-02, 10:42
Firstly I'd like to say hi to everyone - been browsing the forums for quite a while now and finally decidedd to come out of my shell and join in.

I bought the Qnap and Squeezebox combination back in January (ok I didn't actually get them until end of March, but hey, they're coming form a long way-a-way and are out of Paul's control - lets not get started on that one again!) Since getting them I can honestly say that they are brilliant, I had to update the initial firmware to get over the hanging when transferring files and had a email chat with Paul a couple of weeks back because the audio randomly dropped every few minutes, we eventually discovered that the digital out connection had let go of the cable on the back of the Squeezebox!

Anyway to my points:

I'd like to nominate (if that's the way these things are done) Qnap for a forum of its own. At the moment, every query and bit of information is buried in the 40+ page thread and this makes it a bit difficult to find things, and any query gets added on the end.

I've noticed that when Slimserver updates are released that they overwrite all settings/preferences, is there a way of either saving the settings and copying them back or preserving them?

Does anyone know the way of setting up MusicMagic with the Qnap Slimserver? Can it be done?

Anyway, just to reiterate, the combination is IMHO, an absolute winner and I think that Paul has done a great job under some sometimes difficult conditions. Sometimes you just have to groundbreaking and be a set of gineau pigs to get anywhere in this world!

Stuart.

Fifer
2006-05-02, 10:54
I'd like to nominate (if that's the way these things are done) Qnap for a forum of its own. At the moment, every query and bit of information is buried in the 40+ page thread and this makes it a bit difficult to find things, and any query gets added on the end.
Good idea Stuart. Gets my vote. Perhaps it should be a generic 'NAS as Slimserver' forum, rather than being brand specific?

funkstar
2006-05-02, 11:09
I was going to suggest something like this a couple of times, but never got round to posting :)

If there was a NAS forum some stickies to cover frequent questions would be a big benefit i think.

Stuart
2006-05-07, 04:57
Bump - Sorry for bringing it to the top, I just thought that it had got buried with all that has been going on over the last few days.

Grumpy_Git
2006-05-08, 02:38
This is my vote for a NAS forum.

Nick.