PDA

View Full Version : no more radios...



damned006
2006-04-23, 14:51
Hi everybody,

Very happy SB3 user for a couple of weeks i'm having problems to connect to radios with slimserver.

All my radios are impossible to play (problem can't open file for). Smoothjazz.com / radioioacoustic for exemple. From my favorites or by search, same problem.

Everything else works, playing my music, network, radios with squeezenetwork.

It's a first time problem, i haven't changed a thing since last time it was working and i haven't a clue of what the problem is.

I still have slimserver 6.2.1 and firmware 28 (with SB2 recognized but it has always been like this)

I've tried to disconnect the sb several times, nothing changes.

Any idea ? i'm very confused here

Btw i'm in France

thks

mherger
2006-04-23, 23:50
> All my radios are impossible to play (problem can't open file for).
> Smoothjazz.com / radioioacoustic for exemple. From my favorites or by
> search, same problem.

Shoutcast changed their stream information file format and completely
broke many applications out there. One of them being SlimServer. Andy is
aware of the problem and will be working hard to get shoutcast up and
running again.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

damned006
2006-04-24, 11:07
thanks, i've read about shoutcast problem, but i can't connect anymore to all radios (live365, radioio, slimdevices and shoutcast) which is a problem... Could this be related to the shoutcast problem ??

damned006
2006-04-26, 11:43
still can't connect, anybody can help me here ?

damned006
2006-04-29, 05:45
I run now slimserver 6.2.2 with auto update i've got Player Firmware 48 (smooth operation btw) but still SB2 recognized.

It didn't change a thing, everything works but the RADIOS. I got categories (from slimdevices pick or live365) but still
the fuc... "Problem: can't open file for"

Can you guys please help me here ??

Michaelwagner
2006-04-29, 05:49
I can't help with the main problem, but an SB2 and an SB3 are the same hardware inside, just a different case, so in many places Slimserver reports you have a 2 when you really have a 3.

damned006
2006-05-03, 12:24
thanks Michael, i'm aware it's not a problem but i mentionned it anyway.

So here it is, still can't connect, for weeks now, to ALL RADIOS with Slimserver. I'm still asking for help here, anyone ?

snarlydwarf
2006-05-03, 12:44
Can the Squeezebox itself connect to Squeezenetwork?

If not: the SB's networking is not set up correctly. The name server and/or gateway in particular.

Is the machine that Slimserver runs on able to connect to other sites? If not, or if it's a NAS box or something, it may have the same problem: bad name server or gateway.

bpa
2006-05-03, 12:56
Have you tried to paste in an URL for a radio station into Tune in and see if it plays ?
For example - virgin
http://www.smgradio.com/core/audio/mp3/live.pls?service=vc

damned006
2006-05-03, 12:57
Can the Squeezebox itself connect to Squeezenetwork?

as i said yes



Is the machine that Slimserver runs on able to connect to other sites?


Indeed, the same pc i'm using now, listening (hopefully) to some cds.

damned006
2006-05-03, 13:02
Have you tried to paste in an URL for a radio station into Tune in and see if it plays ?
For example - virgin
http://www.smgradio.com/core/audio/mp3/live.pls?service=vc


no, let me try this...

it doesnt't work and nothing appears in the SB, i'm confused as it was working fluently from the day i got the SB3.
Apparently it happened at the same time there were problems with shoutcast.. but for me it was with all radios.

bpa
2006-05-03, 14:18
Turn on the debugging flags d_source and d_remotestream and open a log window.

Paste in the Virgin URL again and click Tune In. Look at the log. Post the log if there is nothing obvious. If there are lots of message about metadata then a connection has been made. Either way the log should give more info about the problem.

damned006
2006-05-03, 15:43
bpa, i'll do this and btw i never thought i would use this debug mode...

damned006
2006-05-03, 16:03
ok I found out, silly problem and all my fault ! I disabled mp3 file on the conversion fite setup. It was an easy way for not having my mp3s displayed on my SB. I use it only for carry on music.

thanks a lot bpa ! I did forgot about having done this, spending lots of time playing only my cds and not radios...

I know have to figure out about not having my mp3 mixed with my lossless music. I use itune and checked only itune file access on setup but the SB still goes and looks for my other mp3 folder . But it's another question ;-)

thanks again