PDA

View Full Version : WMA Playlists - where are they stored?

cvj
2006-04-22, 08:16
I am using Media Player 10 to rip and store my CD collection as well as creating playlists. While Slimserver has no problem finding and displaying the playlists in the Media Player's library folder - I am unable to locate the playlists. Does anyone know what suffix these files have and how I can find them?

Brian Ritchie
2006-04-22, 16:46
I am using Media Player 10 to rip and store my CD collection as well as creating playlists. While Slimserver has no problem finding and displaying the playlists in the Media Player's library folder - I am unable to locate the playlists. Does anyone know what suffix these files have and how I can find them?
I have a few playlists that were generated using WMP (in the days before I started using FLAC, it was the nearest thing I had to a decent playlist editor). Without any prompting on my part, it chose to put them in My Music/My Playlists, so perhaps you should look there. The suffix is wpl.

-- Brian

cvj
2006-04-23, 08:50
I have a few playlists that were generated using WMP (in the days before I started using FLAC, it was the nearest thing I had to a decent playlist editor). Without any prompting on my part, it chose to put them in My Music/My Playlists, so perhaps you should look there. The suffix is wpl.

-- Brian

Thanks Brian - I found the playlists right under my nose as a separate directory (My Playlists) among the 800 or so directories of music I have ripped.... the old needle in a haystack problem I guess.

So it another great feature of Slimserver that it can read .wpl files!!!