PDA

View Full Version : Can't add songs to 2nd non-SB player's playlist ...

jcml
2006-04-15, 04:52
Hi all -

Having decided to get a SB as&when funds (and the missus) allow, I've started using SS to make sure my tagging and network are up to the task. I've got a Nokia 770 which is great as my first SS client, but I'm having trouble when I add my local desktop in as a second client.

FYI: The desktop is the same box that SS is running on, accessing a smallish library on an NFS server one hop away on the network.

The problem I'm having is on the web interface. Despite having the desktop player selected at the top right of the right hand window, any "queue these tracks" operations while browsing on the /left/ hand window reset the right hand window so that it's viewing the first player, and then add the tracks to *that* player's playlist.

Am I missing something - like the help section titled "how to add songs to different players" - or am I not being quite /that/ dumb ... ?

Many thanks in advance for any help!
Jonathan

mherger
2006-04-15, 07:42
> The problem I'm having is on the web interface. Despite having the
> desktop player selected at the top right of the right hand window, any
> "queue these tracks" operations while browsing on the /left/ hand
> window reset the right hand window so that it's viewing the first
> player, and then add the tracks to *that* player's playlist.

Please give us some information about your setup: operating system,
SlimServer version, the skin you're using etc.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

jcml
2006-04-15, 10:00
Please give us some information about your setup: operating system, SlimServer version, the skin you're using etc.

Hi Michael - thanks for that. I wondered if this might have been a common n00b problem, but obviously not ... :-)

SlimServer Version: 6.2.1 - 5194 - Debian - EN - utf8

It's actually running on an up-to-date Ubuntu Dapper flight 4 install.

I've not changed the skin settings which say that I'm using "Default".

Have I missed anything?
Many thanks!
Jonathan

jcml
2006-04-15, 12:59
Think I've got the root cause sussed out, but not the fix:

When I access the initial URL on my desktop machine (the machine called "dover", which is actually running SS) at http://dover:9000/ , all the "Browse by" links in the left hand pane are of the form "http://dover:9000/[...]&player=192.168.2.111".

When I swap over to the "local" player on the right hand pane (controlling what's streamed to localhost, in other words) the left hand pane doesn't update so the browse, add-to-playlist, etc links all still have "&player=192.168.2.111" on the end.

Could I ask this: at what point *should* the URLs swap over to have "&player=127.0.1.1" appended? The "switch players on the right hand pane" action doesn't seem to prompt this, as I've said ...

Many thanks!
Jonathan

kdf
2006-04-15, 14:50
On 15-Apr-06, at 12:59 PM, jcml wrote:
>
> Could I ask this: at what point *should* the URLs swap over to have
> "&player=127.0.1.1" appended? The "switch players on the right hand
> pane" action doesn't seem to prompt this, as I've said ...
>
old bug. fixed in the 6.2.2 builds in preparation for the next release.
-kdf