PDA

View Full Version : Monitor 8'' touchscreen to use with touchscreen skin

RiccardoR
2006-04-12, 15:02
I'm thinking to buy a little 8'' touchscreen monitor to use as a remote near my Squeezebox; faster and easier than using the remote command or going to the desktop and use the browser. Of course my slimserver is running on a separate desktop than my all purpose desktop computer.
Is there anyone that is using similar hardware? The Nokia 770 skin is suitable also for a touchscreen monitor (with a resolution of 800x600)?
Thanks, Riccardo

funkstar
2006-04-13, 01:34
I take it your slimserver is close by where you want to use this monitor? Otherwise you will need a pretty long monitor cable.

I would imagine the Nokia 770 skin would work fine, but you need 6.5 for that.

RiccardoR
2006-04-13, 12:41
Yes, I would like to use the touchscreen monitor near the Squeezebox as a control panel. In many posts is asked for commands or knob (as Audiotron) on the Squeezebox case; I think that a little monitor (with touchscreen) could be a nice alternative to remote command or a more sophisticated (but expensive) Nokia 770.
R.

JJZolx
2006-04-13, 13:03
Yes, I would like to use the touchscreen monitor near the Squeezebox as a control panel. In many posts is asked for commands or knob (as Audiotron) on the Squeezebox case; I think that a little monitor (with touchscreen) could be a nice alternative to remote command or a more sophisticated (but expensive) Nokia 770.
R.
If it's just a touchscreen then it will need to be attached to a computer. Once you add a computer, given the expense and the cabling, you might be better off with an inexpensive laptop comptuer, or the Nokia 770, or a PDA.

If you really _love_ the idea of a touchscreen, then you may want a tablet PC. This is essentially just a laptop computer with a touchscreen and usually the ability to fold the screen over and hide the keyboard. Kind of a Nokia 770 on steroids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablet_pc

With most laptops and tablet PCs you'd have sufficient resolution that you wouldn't need to use the touchscreen skin.