PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to shoutcast via SlimServer

Mark
2006-04-12, 08:20
Is anyone else seeing this?

Until today all was well. However, now when I try to play a Shoutcast station, I cannot connect. When I try connect from a player, I get a "Error SHOUTcast web site not available" message. When I try using web interface, I get a "There was an error parsing the stream information. Try reducing the number of streams if you've set a great number. (2)" message.

I checked the bugs and saw a number of people having this issue using 6.5 betas, but not 6.2x. I have no problems connecting with Winamp from my computer and SqueezeNetwork seems to work, although it seems a little erratic. This leads me to conclude that something changed on the server that SlimServer connects to to get the radio station streams. Was there a recent change that anyone knows about?

FWIW, I've been hanging back with 6.2.2 using a nitely from 1/10/06 which includes FW 28. I have tried to upgrade to more recent rolls but always had problems (stuttering, SB stops playing, all w/flac and connected wirelessly). I have two SBs, a SB2 and a SB3 and SlimServer is running on a 2.8GHz XP Home PC.

mherger
2006-04-13, 11:41
> Is anyone else seeing this?

Lack of reaction I doubt it. It's working for me.

> I get a "There was an error parsing the stream information.
> Try reducing the number of streams if you've set a great number. (2)"
> message.

Did you try this? Do you still experience this problem?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

earthbased
2006-04-14, 11:30
Is anyone else seeing this?

Until today all was well. However, now when I try to play a Shoutcast station, I cannot connect. When I try connect from a player, I get a "Error SHOUTcast web site not available" message. When I try using web interface, I get a "There was an error parsing the stream information. Try reducing the number of streams if you've set a great number. (2)" message.

I checked the bugs and saw a number of people having this issue using 6.5 betas, but not 6.2x. I have no problems connecting with Winamp from my computer and SqueezeNetwork seems to work, although it seems a little erratic. This leads me to conclude that something changed on the server that SlimServer connects to to get the radio station streams. Was there a recent change that anyone knows about?

FWIW, I've been hanging back with 6.2.2 using a nitely from 1/10/06 which includes FW 28. I have tried to upgrade to more recent rolls but always had problems (stuttering, SB stops playing, all w/flac and connected wirelessly). I have two SBs, a SB2 and a SB3 and SlimServer is running on a 2.8GHz XP Home PC.

I can't connect either to Shoutcast and am using SS 6.2.1. Are you still having trouble?

Dan

mactavish
2006-04-14, 15:30
was trying as well but when you go to shoutcast.com you get a DB problem. Looks like the website is down, shame, I was in the mood for some groove salad !

reduakm
2006-04-17, 20:59
If I browse on sqeezebox, only a few stations will play. But if I log on to the server with the web interface, most stations will play - through the sq3. I can access shoutcast fine.

reduakm
2006-04-17, 21:23
I have been using the same static IP - it just stopped working with shoutcast only. With DHCP it works fine. Even tried a bunch of different DNS addresses with no luck. I wonder why this is a problem. Using DHCP it is using the DNS address that I originally had.

charlesr
2006-04-22, 18:58
I'm getting the same problem. No other streams running. Shoutcast works fine through winamp. Only thing I've changed recently is installing AlienBBC. Tried disabling it on the off chance, but it didn't make any difference. Shoutcast stream number is on default 300. bitrates are on 0,0 max,min

Is this a problem with shoutcast's servers? I can still connect to the shoutcast stations I have in my squeezenetwork favourites....

DHCP doesn't seem to make any difference for me.

Edit: Just noticed other thread here, which looks like my problem:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=23229