PDA

View Full Version : SB3 remote browsing

pablolie
2006-04-10, 11:24
Anyone else has noticed some of the number/letter keys display temperamental behavior when you're browsing? I notice it a lot with the 8 (TUV) key, i.e. when I push it once it goes to "The O'Jays" (not the first T title, by the way), upon the second push it'll go to "Winston Marsalis" (?), and pushing it again takes me to "3rd Force" (I'll grant the T in Third may lead to that, even though it is listed prior to the As when I scroll manually)... so basically it seems to decide t skip some letters and go elsewhere.

Same behavior with Softqueeze, by the way, so I assume it's some indexing issue, nevertheless it seems odd. Am I the only one? The TUV key seems a major culprit, but perhaps it's just because I use it a lot.

Ben Sandee
2006-04-10, 11:31
On 4/10/06, pablolie <pablolie.2629jn1144693501 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> Anyone else has noticed some of the number/letter keys display
> temperamental behavior when you're browsing? I notice it a lot with the
> 8 (TUV) key, i.e. when I push it once it goes to "The O'Jays" (not the
> first T title, by the way), upon the second push it'll go to "Winston
> Marsalis" (?), and pushing it again takes me to "3rd Force" (I'll grant
> the T in Third may lead to that, even though it is listed prior to the
> As when I scroll manually)...
>
> Same behavior with Softqueeze, by the way, so I assume it's some
> indexing issue, nevertheless it seems odd. Am I the only one? The TUV
> key seems a major culprit, but perhas it's just because I use it a lot.

Which version of the software are you running? I know some fixes to this
are in the 6.2.2 branch, probably even more in the 6.5 trunk.

Ben

pablolie
2006-04-10, 13:34
> Which version of the software are you running?

I am on some 6.2.2 nightly that works quite well, so I am not about to touch anything. :-)
My "work around" is to simply press the adjacent buttons and simply browse up and down a few additional items until I get to where I want...
I think it'd be nice if there was a nightly "library" with customer opinions, so that people could decide which version might be the most stable for their particular needs.

ceejay
2006-04-10, 14:32
Are you using Browse Music Folder? If so, there is a bug report for this. http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2594

Ceejay

pablolie
2006-04-10, 17:12
That's exactly it! Thanks for confirming, and opening a bug report.