PDA

View Full Version : sb still disconnecting from squeezenetwork

jhonsberger@msn.com
2006-04-09, 09:35
i have 2 squeezeboxes. when you go to the squeezenetwork website,the
website will say one or both are not connected to the squeezenetwork when both are,so i cant control the squeezebox thats says not connected even though it is.i have downloaded up to the nightly release 4/7,firmware version 37.i noticed that in late march there were problems but havent heard of any recently. is this
bug fixed yet?

avaloncourt
2006-04-10, 16:12
I'm having those Squeezenetwork problems as well. I was able to use it earlier this afternoon but now, not only am I having the Pandora connection issues which is in the other thread, but I am also not staying connected to the Squeezenetwork. The website says it doesn't see the SB and the SB just shuts off because it doesn't see the Squeezenetwork.

andyg
2006-04-10, 18:25
On Apr 10, 2006, at 7:12 PM, avaloncourt wrote:

>
> I'm having those Squeezenetwork problems as well. I was able to use it
> earlier this afternoon but now, not only am I having the Pandora
> connection issues which is in the other thread, but I am also not
> staying connected to the Squeezenetwork. The website says it doesn't
> see the SB and the SB just shuts off because it doesn't see the
> Squeezenetwork.

The "website doesn't see the SB" issue is a bug that will hopefully
be fixed in the next release.

However, "SB doesn't see SqueezeNetwork" is something else. I assume
since you had Pandora problems that you are able to connect at least
some of the time?

avaloncourt
2006-04-11, 18:40
Actually if I was quick enough I was able to get into other areas like Live365 but if I left it the box didn't see the Squeezenetwork and the SN page never saw the SB. By the time late evening rolled around I had no problems at all so it must have been on your end because the Pandora problem resolved at the same time.

andyg
2006-04-12, 14:58
Please let me know if you still see this bug, I pushed out a new release yesterday afternoon that might have fixed it.

rocket j squirrel
2006-04-15, 13:52
Several days have gone by since you put out the new release. So far, my SB has stayed on SN's radar screen. You may have nailed this bug. If so, many thanks!

-o-
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

rocket j squirrel
2006-05-02, 08:52
This bug has been vanquished, at least for me! Good job, and thank you.

4mula1
2006-05-15, 18:42
I just signed up for SN and I am having frequent disconnects. I've been using Pandora but in the 30 or so minutes I used SN before I signed up for Pandora I had the disconnects.

andyg
2006-05-15, 19:28
This topic refers to a bug where the SN website would report a player as disconnected even though it was still connected. Is this what you're experiencing, or is your SB actually disconnecting frequently?

4mula1
2006-05-16, 03:08
This topic refers to a bug where the SN website would report a player as disconnected even though it was still connected. Is this what you're experiencing, or is your SB actually disconnecting frequently?

After posting I did check the website and it showed my SB disconnected. Looks like I need to read more carefully!

kanoot
2006-05-17, 12:14
Well I simply can't connect to squeezenetwork today - which is probably a totally different problem. I have had trouble connecting the last couple of days actually and one thing that bugs me is that the Sb will simply blank instead of giving me some sort of feedback about connection issues.

boarder
2006-05-17, 13:22
My squeezebox has also been acting very strangely today. When trying to connect to the squeezenetwork it says connecting and then turns itself off. It does sometimes connect if I keep trying but when connected the squeezebox menus are really slow to respond to the remote.

I presume there is a problem with the squeezenetwork?

Morbius
2006-05-18, 06:26
My squeezebox has also been acting very strangely today. When trying to connect to the squeezenetwork it says connecting and then turns itself off. It does sometimes connect if I keep trying but when connected the squeezebox menus are really slow to respond to the remote.

I presume there is a problem with the squeezenetwork?

...ditto...had exactly the same thing last night? any news?