PDA

View Full Version : Editing Playlists

jonheal
2006-04-08, 04:04
I have not used playlists up to now, so I'm a little ignorant as to their functionality in SlimServer, but it appears that I cannot edit (add to) a previously saved playlist using the web UI. Is this true? Bummer, if so.

SlimServer Version: 6.2.2 - 6835 - Windows 2000 - EN - cp1252

Philip Meyer
2006-04-08, 05:35
>I have not used playlists up to now, so I'm a little ignorant as to
>their functionality in SlimServer, but it appears that I cannot edit
>(add to) a previously saved playlist using the web UI. Is this true?
>
Load the playlist into the current playlist, then add new music to the current playlist and save the playlist again.

Phil

jonheal
2006-04-08, 06:13
>I have not used playlists up to now, so I'm a little ignorant as to
>their functionality in SlimServer, but it appears that I cannot edit
>(add to) a previously saved playlist using the web UI. Is this true?
>
Load the playlist into the current playlist, then add new music to the current playlist and save the playlist again.

Phil
Thanks. It works!

rodef
2009-05-25, 14:03
Is there a way to do this without loading the playlist into the current playlist?

For example, I would like to listen to the radio (via my Squeezebox) and edit my playlists at the same time.

Brian Ritchie
2009-05-25, 17:11
Playlists are just .m3u files (formatted text); so you can edit them in lots of other tools (e.g. foobar2000, MediaMonkey) or even a plain text editor. However, once you've done that you'll have to tell SqueezeCenter to rescan (playlists only, or new/changed music) to pick them up.

Alternatively, point your SC browser to a different player from the one(s) you're listening to, and edit playlists there. (If you don't have a "spare" player, install a copy of SoftSqueeze somewhere and use that.)

-- Brian