PDA

View Full Version : Brushed Aliminium Panel coming loose.

bigjules
2006-04-06, 17:27
I have to say that my Squeezebox 3 has let me rediscover albums that I'd completely forgotten I owned. And I never have to go hunting through my CDs. All in all, one of the best purchases I've made in the last year.. Thanks Slim Devices.

But the brushed aluminium panel on the device keeps coming loose. It pulls away from the unit in the top right, and bottom left (kind of looks a bit warped).. how is it attached? looks like its glued on to me..

Any advice on reattaching it properly? I dont really want to send it back, cause I use it all day every day.

Also.. the dark display cover (plastic bitty at the top) had a few scratches at the bottom (near the brushed aluminium bitty) when I purchased it.. Not that I care about things like that much.. just thought I'd mention it.

rudholm
2006-04-06, 17:58
The problem with the faceplate is a known fabrication problem that has been corrected. If you contact Slim Devices support they'll mail you a replacement faceplate that has slightly more clearance around the edges and thus won't come off.

bigjules
2006-04-06, 19:02
Thanks. Will do.

andreas
2006-04-07, 00:00
....or you could just loosen the screws on the back just a little bit
to decrease the tension and the faceplate stays where it should!

quick and works perfectly...

rudholm wrote:
> The problem with the faceplate is a known fabrication problem that has
> been corrected. If you contact Slim Devices support they'll mail you a
> replacement faceplate that has slightly more clearance around the edges
> and thus won't come off.
>
>

)p(
2006-04-07, 01:55
The problem with the faceplate is a known fabrication problem that has been corrected. If you contact Slim Devices support they'll mail you a replacement faceplate that has slightly more clearance around the edges and thus won't come off.

Actually I got a new one and this one is also getting loose. And yes I did not screw it too tight. I think I'll just try a different glue now...I'll hope that will help...

peter