PDA

View Full Version : More SB2 Problems!!!

oli
2006-04-05, 07:08
The firmware on my SB2 was upgraded last night to version 36. Since installing this, music has been cutting in and out, and overall response has been very sluggish. Essentially the SB2 in it's current state is totally unusable, and this is the case whether I use Slimserver 6.2.1. or 6.2.2. I am also still to hear from Slim regarding my WPA-PSK problems mentioned in previous posts. I know that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar but Slim's customer service at the moment, and with respect to the issues I am having, has been absolutely appalling. The customers on the forum have, as always, been very helpful. I hope, but don't expect, to hear from someone at Slim soon.

Cheers

Oliver Perlin

mherger
2006-04-05, 07:20
> The firmware on my SB2 was upgraded last night to version 36. Since
> installing this, music has been cutting in and out, and overall
> response has been very sluggish. Essentially the SB2 in it's current
> state is totally unusable, and this is the case whether I use
> Slimserver 6.2.1. or 6.2.2.

Please try a factory reset: unplug your SB, hold down the + button on the
remote while plugging the box in again.

You'll have to do the complete setup procedure after this. But it fixed
the issues I experienced after upgrading from 28 to 33.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

kevin
2006-04-05, 15:52
Oliver,

I replied to you personally using our ticket tracking system, but the appalling experience youve been having with our support department is due to a bug in the ticket tracking system that caused us not to notice your new replies.

But I believe there may be a new firmware version in the next nightly build (4/6) of SlimServer 6.2.2 which may help here. Can you give it a try and let us know how you fare afterwards? By replying to your current ticket e-mail?

Thanks!
Kevin Pearsall
Customer Support Manager

The firmware on my SB2 was upgraded last night to version 36. Since installing this, music has been cutting in and out, and overall response has been very sluggish. Essentially the SB2 in it's current state is totally unusable, and this is the case whether I use Slimserver 6.2.1. or 6.2.2. I am also still to hear from Slim regarding my WPA-PSK problems mentioned in previous posts. I know that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar but Slim's customer service at the moment, and with respect to the issues I am having, has been absolutely appalling. The customers on the forum have, as always, been very helpful. I hope, but don't expect, to hear from someone at Slim soon.

Cheers

Oliver Perlin

abdomen
2006-04-06, 06:18
Oli,

FYI:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=22765

I am please to say that firmware 37 is now available in the latest nightly builds for slimserver 6.2.2 and 6.5.

This version fixes a problem with DHCP when using wireless WPA encryption where a strange (169.254...) address was allocated. It also includes fixes for WPA and WPA2 connections on several routers.

Please note that some WPA compatibility issues remain. A small number of people are reporting stuttering when using firmware > 28. This is also not fixed in this release, but it is now at the top of my list!

Regards,
Richard