PDA

View Full Version : recognizing a new network

jjb
2006-04-03, 18:07
hi: i have been running my squeezebox fine off of a random internet signal that one of my neighbors was broadcasting into my apartment. I finally got my own DSL service and wireless router and now have my own wireless network, complete with 64 bit WEP password. When I use my remote to reconfigure the squeezebox, the squeezebox doesn't automatically pick up this network. I have to manually type in the network name ("ginger") and then enter the key. then the squeezebox can't connect and i get the error message. one possible thing i can think of is that when i was typing in the name, there were too many characters on the screen so i just blanked out the excess characters instead of deleting them. I could not find the delete key on the remote. would the squeezebox be searching for "ginger " instead of "ginger"? How do I delete the extra characters or is that irrelevant?

kind regards
janet

MrC
2006-04-03, 18:13
hi: i have been running my squeezebox fine off of a random internet signal that one of my neighbors was broadcasting into my apartment.

Bad girl.

I finally got my own DSL service and wireless router and now have my own wireless network,

Good girl.

complete with 64 bit WEP password.

Bad girl. Use WPA, WEP is too weak.

How do I delete the extra characters or is that irrelevant?

Use the Add key.

jjb
2006-04-09, 17:44
thanks! i am now synchronized, secure, and legal -

janet

boudy
2010-01-07, 10:57
I have excess characters at the end of the WPA password and cannot remove them, only set them to spaces, which apparently are not ignored. The "Add" does not work. Any clues?

boudy
2010-01-07, 11:15
Need to press the Play button when the "right arrow" (to go to the next step) is highlighted.