PDA

View Full Version : Problem playing certain Artist

lazpete
2006-04-03, 01:37
Hi all.

I'm streaming audio over the internet from home to work. Works like a dream using version 6,2,1 and Winamp.
But, some albums/artists wont play. They are all ripped using the same software and settings (EAC, Lame 3.97b2 320kbps). When trying to play them, slimserver adds them, but wont start. First I tought that it was something with the rip, but other albums work fine. It is really streange. Anyone who has any idea?

Server running on Win Xp pro swedish, machine is AMD XP1700 1 gb ram, bandwith is 24mbits down and 2 up.

Lasse

ceejay
2006-04-03, 04:06
Hi all.

I'm streaming audio over the internet from home to work. Works like a dream using version 6,2,1 and Winamp.
But, some albums/artists wont play. They are all ripped using the same software and settings (EAC, Lame 3.97b2 320kbps). When trying to play them, slimserver adds them, but wont start. First I tought that it was something with the rip, but other albums work fine. It is really streange. Anyone who has any idea?

Server running on Win Xp pro swedish, machine is AMD XP1700 1 gb ram, bandwith is 24mbits down and 2 up.

Lasse

Noting "Swedish" ... do these artists/albums have Swedish characters in the names?

Ceejay

lazpete
2006-04-03, 04:20
Thanks for the reply.
As far as I know, no. The tagging comes from EAC CDDB, and I cannot find any resemblance, other than that certain artists cannot be played, even if there are two or more albums of the same artist.
I will check into that when i get home.

Lasse

lazpete
2006-04-03, 11:25
Did a rescan of the library, and oops, its possible to play the problem artist again...

Lasse