PDA

View Full Version : One piece of artwork missing

Kyle
2006-03-30, 18:39
Slimserver is finding all of my artwork except for one file. They are all .jpg saved in the album folder as "cover.jpg". Only one is missing. Here is the debug log:

2006-03-30 19:37:57.1371 Retrieving artwork (thumb) for: file:///E:/FLAC%20Files/Cassidy,%20Eva/American%20Tune/01%20-%20Drowning%20in%20the%20Sea%20of%20Love.flac
2006-03-30 19:37:57.1437 Updating image for file:///E:/FLAC%20Files/Cassidy,%20Eva/American%20Tune/01%20-%20Drowning%20in%20the%20Sea%20of%20Love.flac
2006-03-30 19:37:57.1684 Looking for image in FLAC metadata blocks - in file E:\FLAC Files\Cassidy, Eva\American Tune\01 - Drowning in the Sea of Love.flac
2006-03-30 19:37:57.1901 Looking for image files in E:\FLAC Files\Cassidy, Eva\American Tune

I have tried deleting the folder, reripping the CD and adding the artwork, but to no avail. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Strangely, the artwork shows up on the album page itself -- along with duplicates of each track! Stranger still, if I access the album page through browse artists, the tracks show correctly (no duplicates), but if I access via browse albums, the duplicates are there.

Kyle
2006-03-31, 09:10
I even tried adding the artwork to the first few tracks' metadata with Tag&Rename and doing a total rescan, but the problem remains.

DJanGo
2006-03-31, 09:18
I have tried deleting the folder, reripping the CD and adding the artwork, but to no avail. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Strangely, the artwork shows up on the album page itself -- along with duplicates of each track! Stranger still, if I access the album page through browse artists, the tracks show correctly (no duplicates), but if I access via browse albums, the duplicates are there.
hi,

did you just resan the lib or delete the database an rescan the lib?
it seems that you just take a rescan and not delete the database before *gg*

Delete the database and do a rescan - should be working *gg*

Kyle
2006-03-31, 09:25
I'll try that.

autopilot
2006-03-31, 12:51
I have always found a few covers are not found, with various versions and betas of SS version 6.2.1, 6.2.2 and 6.5. I have never been able to resolve it. Even after spending ages on these forums, no one (including Slim Devices) has ever been able to to give me a solution and i have tried everything. Personally i think the whole art work system needs a complete re-write.

flopperman
2006-03-31, 14:43
Do you have a playlist containing this album? And is the playlist stored in you music folder?

I have experienced that this would make the SS scan the album twice, and show some of the tracks twice (Sometimes all or all but one, sometimes half of them) when browsing the album. When clicking one of the duplicates it shows an empty page (and removes this duplicate from the list). When I click the other of the pair everything looks ok.

I simply deleted the playlist, and changed my playlist location to a folder outside my music folder (to avoid this problem in the future). Then I did a full rescan. And that seemed to solve the problem.

Kyle
2006-03-31, 14:49
Do you have a playlist containing this album? And is the playlist stored in you music folder?

No, I don't have any playlists. I just reripped my entire collection after a hard drive backup problem wiped me out. I'm just getting everything back on and haven't created any playlists yet.

flopperman
2006-03-31, 15:06
Could you have ripped the album twice? With a wrong (misspelled) artist in one of the rips? That could give this behaviour if the Album name is not in the list of Common Album Titles (I which case you would have two albums with the same name in the list)

Kyle
2006-04-01, 05:52
Could you have ripped the album twice? With a wrong (misspelled) artist in one of the rips? That could give this behaviour if the Album name is not in the list of Common Album Titles (I which case you would have two albums with the same name in the list)
No, I thought about that, or the fact that the tags might be slightly different from the album folder name, but that wasn't it. Problem remained even after I removed the folder entirely and re-ripped. However, when I used the same mirrored file (on a separate hard drive) at my weekend cottage, it did fine. So I guess I'll delete the data file and rescan. Hopefully, that will solve the problem.

Kyle
2006-04-06, 06:23
Finally got this one figured out. Flopperman was right. This album was listed under both "Eva Cassidy" and "Cassidy, Eva". When I eliminated the second folder, everything worked fine.