PDA

View Full Version : All my playlists have disappeared!

Brian Ritchie
2006-03-27, 14:45
SlimServer Version: 6.2.2 - 6723 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

I've been running a nightly from around 27th Dec for a while. Last night I decided to try the version above (which I think is the 26th March nightly), but now none of my playlists are listed. (The fishbone skin simply doesn't show anything; my SB3 says "Empty".)

I haven't changed anything else. (The upgrade included a firmware upgrade from 28 to 35.)

Most of my playlists are in the "My Music" root folder (which is (still) set as playlist folder in the SS settings); a few are in a dedicated "My Playlists" subfolder; and even fewer are under individual albums. As I say, all of these have disappeared.

Browse Music Folder *does* show the playlists, and I can select and play them through this; but they still don't show up under Playlists even after this.

I'm a little surprised that searching here for "missing playlists" and then just "playlists" hasn't thrown up anything similar. Perhaps this is a recently-introduced problem? I can't imagine that there's anything that novel or weird about my setup.

-- Brian

Millwood
2006-03-27, 16:45
I'm glad someone else is seeing this. I've reopened my bug after a claimed fix didn't.

By the way - I specify a playlist folder other than the default. Do you?

The last good build I have is 3-22.

Brian Ritchie
2006-03-27, 17:02
I'm glad someone else is seeing this. I've reopened my bug after a claimed fix didn't.

By the way - I specify a playlist folder other than the default. Do you?

No, I've always left it at My Music. (Most of my playlists are there because I like to keep the contents relative rather than absolute whenever I can - I found early on that (different) absolute paths can lead to duplication in SS.)

The last good build I have is 3-22.

Thanks. I've already gone back to 2005-12-27. (Simply running the install exe for 12-27 didn't work - I still had 3-26 - so I uninstalled first. Then had to spend an age restoring my settings to something close to what I actually had before. Whoops.)

Right now, I get enough software hassle in the day job, and just want to ENJOY MY MUSIC when I'm home, so I probably won't try updating again for a while... unless I hear about solutions for the niggles that made me try to update in the first place...

-- Brian

Millwood
2006-03-27, 20:21
After going back to 3-22, I did a server settings -> clear library and rescan everything and that got my playlists back.

Brian Ritchie
2006-03-28, 15:44
After going back to 3-22, I did a server settings -> clear library and rescan everything and that got my playlists back.

I didn't quite get the chance. I tried to go back to 12-27 by re-running the install .exe for it, but still had no playlists. (I think I might've tried a full rescan too, but can't remember for sure now.) When I looked at Server Settings, it still said "6.2.2 - 6723 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252", which is the same as I had for 3-27; also, I wasn't asked to "update" the firmware. So I assumed that the reversion had failed, and that I'd have to uninstall SS first. That did the trick, but also wiped all my changes to server/player settings. (I'm still stumbling over these today!)

-- Brian

Pauli
2006-03-29, 00:47
I get th playlist problem with a beta update on the last days too. Now I use the build from 28.03.2006 and made a full rescan but the playlist page on the server is empty.

Is there any solution at this problem?

Regards, Pauli