PDA

View Full Version : Impressed

werock
2006-03-27, 12:40
After playing around for far too long with the slimserver software and softsqueeze, I finally ordered a SB3 last week.
I could go into all the features that I really like, and how easy it is too use etc., but the clincher for me is that instead of the wife moaning about another gadget, she is into it and hypnotized by the display as much as me - plus she can use it with no instruction from me! Finally, a gadget that's wife proof! Now if I can just get her to switch off the damn TV...
Well done to all at Slim, plus all those that give their time with plugins etc. This thing is great.

Michaelwagner
2006-03-27, 12:56
Now if I can just get her to switch off the damn TV...
If you get that one fixed, please tell us how. I got a wife and a daughter both equipped with instant-on television fingers. Walk into a room, TV goes on. Oddly enough, an asymettric feature. Walk out of the room, TV stays on.

nicketynick
2006-03-27, 13:28
Location, location, location.....
Our TV has been relegated to the farthest corner of the house (miles from the fridge!), and only marginally comfortable furniture allowed. Suddenly, our living area is used for conversation, social time, listening to music via the SB, even (gasp!) reading! Amazing how little the TV gets turned on when you only venture to do so when there is something in particular you want to see. (as opposed to sitting there flicking and griping that nothing's on!) Not ideal for movie-watching, but they really are 2 different functions aren't they? Don't really need a 52" widescreen to watch Friends re-runs, do you?

Bill Burns
2006-03-27, 13:52
Michaelwagner wrote:
> werock Wrote:
>> Now if I can just get her to switch off the damn TV...
> If you get that one fixed, please tell us how. I got a wife and a
> daughter both equipped with instant-on television fingers. Walk into a
> room, TV goes on. Oddly enough, an asymettric feature. Walk out of the
> room, TV stays on.

Hook it up so it's only on when the treadmill is running. Works for me.

--
Bill Burns
Long Island NY USA
http://ftldesign.com