PDA

View Full Version : Bind playlists to remote buttons?

EricBergan
2006-03-27, 12:18
I've just bit the bullet and ordered two SBs to replace a couple of Audiotrons. In searching the forums, it looks like one ability I will loose is to bind a playlist to a button on the remote, so by pushing one button I can select a playlist. Is this correct, or am I missing a way to do it?

Background - one of the SBs will be in a closed cabinet, so the display isn't readily visible (IR repeaters...) and we use a Harmony remote so while I can make it do lots of things, I can't program macros into it. Right now with the audiotron, I can bind a playlist to a favorites button, display labels on the LCD for a few playlists, and have the soft buttons send the appropriate favorites IR signal. I'm going to catch some family grief for not being able to do that with the SB.

Thanks!

eric

kdf
2006-03-27, 12:28
Quoting EricBergan <EricBergan.25cerb1143487203 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> I've just bit the bullet and ordered two SBs to replace a couple of
> Audiotrons. In searching the forums, it looks like one ability I will
> loose is to bind a playlist to a button on the remote, so by pushing
> one button I can select a playlist. Is this correct, or am I missing a
> way to do it?

the "favorites" feature does just that. You'll see it explained a bit
in the manual, and you can try it out by installing slimserver and
using softsqueeze.

simply browse playlists, press right to go into a playlist, press up
and you will see the option to "add to favorites". press right and it
will then be added. The text will show you which number it uses.
Now, when you press-and-hold that number, it will load that favorite.
You can store playlists and internet radio stations that way.
-k

EricBergan
2006-03-28, 10:42
Thanks for the explanation - not clear from any of the documentation I've read!

My SBs arrive today, but I tried it with softsqueeze. Can certainly create the favorites. When I try to "press/hold" a number button it seems to cause a rescan on the server which takes a very long time. Hopefully a problem due to softsqueeze. Anyway, looking forward to playing with the real things this afternoon.

eric