PDA

View Full Version : What is this SQL query?

nico
2006-03-23, 22:18
Hi,

I'm running slimserver with a mysql server backend. Today all of a sudden I started getting dropouts in playback. A bit of looking around revealed the cause was due to this SQL query being emitted every minute or so:

2006-03-24 14:12:12.6784 Running SQL query: [SELECT DISTINCT albums.id AS id,albums.title AS title,albums.titlesort AS titlesort,albums.contributor AS contributor,albums.compilation AS compilation,albums.year AS year,albums.artwork_path AS artwork_path,albums.disc AS disc,albums.discc AS discc,albums.musicmagic_mixable AS musicmagic_mixable FROM tracks, albums WHERE albums.id = tracks.album ORDER BY tracks.age desc, tracks.disc, tracks.tracknum, tracks.titlesort LIMIT 100]

I ran this query in isolation and verified it takes 1.5s to execute, and this is enough for a dropout in my setup (SB1/WAV).

I had a quick look in the code but couldn't find where this query is being generated. Anyone know what the query is doing and whether it's possible to disable it?

Thanks,
Nico

slimpy
2006-03-24, 02:17
I'm not sure but looking at the sql it could well be the query for the "New music" view. The query lists 100 albums ordered by age, newest first. I have no idea why this would by called every minute unless you had a browser window open showing the "New music" view and have it reload every minute.

-s.