PDA

View Full Version : Annoying problem when squeezebox comes on...

chaz
2006-03-23, 14:01
OK...I'm sure there's a simple fix for this annoying issue I'm having.

Everytime I turn my SB on it automatically starts playing a playlist that *seems* to be all the songs in slimserver (and in the same seemingly random order). Where do I turn this off?

snarlydwarf
2006-03-23, 14:21
Under the settings for each player, on the Audio menu, there's an 'On means to start playing, too' checkbox.

I leave mine off: usually when I press 'On' I want to muck with the playlist first.

I don't know why you'd see the entire library as a playlist, though unless you left it that way.

chaz
2006-03-23, 14:32
I don't know why you'd see the entire library as a playlist, though unless you left it that way.
Yeah that's the wierd part...no matter what I was playing when I last turned the SB off, when I turn it back on it starts playing Heart of Gold by Neil Young....I mean I love the song and all, but enough is enough!

chaz
2006-03-31, 03:10
Well I can't seem to get rid of this problem, and I don't have a "On means to start playing" checkbox in the audio settings for the player....

Anyone have any other suggestions? This is getting really annoying!

slimpy
2006-03-31, 04:08
Well I can't seem to get rid of this problem, and I don't have a "On means to start playing" checkbox in the audio settings for the player....

Anyone have any other suggestions? This is getting really annoying!
The setting is called "Power On Resume" right at the top in the "Audio" section for the player. Set this to something like "Stop at power off / Remain stopped at power on".

-s.

chaz
2006-03-31, 05:01
The setting is called "Power On Resume" right at the top in the "Audio" section for the player. Set this to something like "Stop at power off / Remain stopped at power on".

-s.

Yes, that's how I have it set. Still, sometimes when I turn the SB on it loads up and says it's now playing "Everything"...and it's always in the same random (well...not so random anymore I suppose)order....and always starting with "Heart of Gold"!

Really strange, and growing more and more irritating. Oh well, I'm getting ready to set up a new PC that will be hosting Slimserver...hopefully this bevavior won't follow.

Siduhe
2006-03-31, 05:33
Just a random thought - do you have any alarms set / enabled for the SB ? Either the built in plugin or the third party AlarmPlugin ?

If so, does it make any difference if you disable these alarms ?

chaz
2006-03-31, 07:33
Just a random thought - do you have any alarms set / enabled for the SB ? Either the built in plugin or the third party AlarmPlugin ?

If so, does it make any difference if you disable these alarms ?

No...no alarms, built in or otherwise.

slimpy
2006-03-31, 07:52
You could try to move your existing configuration file out of the way and start over with a fresh config, just in case some of your settings got awry...

-s.