PDA

View Full Version : Click at the beginning of a track

Renyao
2006-03-22, 06:47
Sometimes,when I play the EAC-riped CDImage.wav or CDImage.flac
through SB2,there is a click at the beginning just as I play *.ape files through server transcoding(monkey audio -> wav).There is no such a click when I play the original CD through CDplayer.Usually,I cut off some samples from the beginning of the problem wav or flac files and the remaining files are played back ok after that.

This afternoon,this happened again and I think there may be a bug
in SB2 firmware or server software.

I cut off a problem segment from the CDImage.wav file,named the
problem segment "01 Test 'click'.flac".It has 73500 samples (1.67 seconds long).

I then cut off 11760 samples from the beginning of "01 Test 'click'.flac".The remaining part is named
"02 Test 'click'(cut 0.2seconds off from beginning).flac" and is
61740 samples long.

"02 Test 'click'(cut 0.2seconds off from beginning).flac" plays well through SB2.

When playing "01 Test 'click'.flac" through SB2 in REPEAT-ONE-MODE,one can hear the clicks.Sometimes there is no click.But there is surely a click every time you start to play

I have uploaded these two segments.See attachments

radish
2006-03-22, 07:36
I can clearly hear the click at the beginning of the first track in several players including winamp and foobar. I also opened the file in an audio editor and I can see the click. So, the click's in the file - there's no problem with the squeezebox.

Renyao
2006-03-22, 08:40
I can clearly hear the click at the beginning of the first track in several players including winamp and foobar. I also opened the file in an audio editor and I can see the click. So, the click's in the file - there's no problem with the squeezebox.

Yes.You are right.

I also see it in a wav editor.It is only about 320 samples long(320/44100~= 0.0072 seconds).

It seems that EAC rips more than does a CDplayer.

I still wonder why I don't hear the click every time SB2 play the first track when in repeat-one mode.That is to say I should hear the click as many times as the first track is played through SB2.