PDA

View Full Version : Multiple SlimServers

noco37
2006-03-20, 16:02
Is there a way to connect to multiple Slim Servers? I want to access the media files on my machine and my roommates’ machines. If there is a better way to do this, let me know. I do not have the available money for a dedicated media server right now.

thanks

funkstar
2006-03-20, 16:07
I believe you can put a short cut to your room mates music collection inside yours and slimserver will navigate through that over the network.

There is a bug right now that prevents slimserver from scanning mapped drive letters, but can work when you have the UNC instead (\\server\directory\ for example). i don't know if this applies to shortcuts or just the main root folder. Though i think this has been discussed several times on these forums, so have a search about.

noco37
2006-03-20, 16:17
OK. I did not see this topic in my quick search of the forum. I'll try again when I get off work. Thx.

Mark Lanctot
2006-03-20, 16:52
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2607

It is possible, and not all that hard. This enhancement request seeks to make it easier.

Details on the enhancement request.

jeffo
2006-03-30, 09:47
So if I'm going to want to set up a SlimServer on my PC (for access to my MP3 library), and a SlimServer on my wife's Mac (for access to her iTunes library there), will the SB be able to point to either on the fly?

Thanks,

jeff.