PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to add songs to an existing playlist?

Bruce S.
2006-03-19, 15:18
Is it possible to add songs to an existing playlist? Whenever I attempt it, the 'save' button on the right panel brings me to the left panel dialog box which asks me to enter a playlist name, as if it assumes I don't want to add it to the current one. When I enter the name I want, it refuses to allow it since I have entered a playlist name that already exists.

Because of this feature, I have to make playlists all at once, as if I never expect to buy new music of a genre that may be eligible for my own 'greatest hits' playlist.

Tell me I am all wet and what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Millwood
2006-03-19, 16:58
The thing I've done that works (on the lastest 6.2.2 beta - YMMV with other versions) is:

Start playing the new thing. The right hand playlist now has one entry - the new thing.

Navigate to the playlist I want to add it to in the left panel.

Press the + box next to the all songs entry.

Now the active playlist has the new entry and all the old entries.

Press save. Apparently, add all songs also tagged the active playlist with the name of the one I added from, because save updates the playlist I added from!

Now navigate to the playlist again in the left. Use edit to move the new entry where I want it, and maybe edit its name.

I shouldn't be that hard, should it?

Bruce S.
2006-03-19, 18:09
Does this always work? I have gotten this trick to work one time. The other tries, this "Press save. Apparently, add all songs also tagged the active playlist with the name of the one I added from, because save updates the playlist I added from!" has failed to cause the newly added song to appear on the list on the left panel. Does this work every single time for you?