PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to display diff track info depending on what is playing?

Face
2006-03-19, 03:29
Hi,

I have just received my SB3 and I love it. I know have the daunting task of ripping all my CD's to lossless ;-)

Anyway, what I would like to be able to do is when I am listening to a playlist I'd like to be able to display the following:

'TITLE' by ARTIST from the album 'ALBUM'

but, when I am just listening to single tracks or albums I'd like to display:

TITLE - ARTIST

I have worked out how to get the SB3 to display the info I need, but not when I need it. I wondered if there's any way to default which set of info is displayed depending on what is playing.

I hope I have made myself clear :-)

If anyone can offer my any help or guidance I would be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance for both your time and trouble.

Face

Michaelwagner
2006-03-19, 09:26
I can't think of a way of doing that with the current software.

The good news is, that function is handled in open source software, so it's relatively easy to handle such an enhancement.

You could file an enhancement request. Do you know how?

Face
2006-03-19, 11:55
Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I'm afraid that I do not know how to file a request. I am very new to the whole SB phenomenon.

Perhaps you could tell me how to proceed?

Again, many thanks for your help.

Face

ceejay
2006-03-19, 12:04
Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I'm afraid that I do not know how to file a request. I am very new to the whole SB phenomenon.

Perhaps you could tell me how to proceed?

Again, many thanks for your help.

Face

Go to http://bugs.slimdevices.com/

You'll need to create an ID for yourself (email address), you'll then have the option to create a new bug report. Set priority to "Enhancement". Give as many details as you can, and post back here so people know what you've done and can inidcate their support by voting for it, if they feel so inclined.

Ceejay

Michaelwagner
2006-03-19, 17:02
Thanks, Ceejay.

Face: After you've filed your enhancement request, any time anyone changes anything about it (makes an additional comment, attempts a fix, integrates the fix into the main stream, etc), you'll be notified by email. So you can watch how it goes.