PDA

View Full Version : controlling Squeezenetwork with a pda

jhonsberger@msn.com
2006-03-15, 19:50
ive been attempting to change music playing on squeezenetwork
with a dell axim pda but when i bring up squeezenetwork and log in
it says my "browser does not support the SqueezeNetwork NetControl".Im not sure what this means and dont remember seeing
any documentation regarding NetControl.needless to say ,i cant control either of my squeezeboxes with my pda like i can with my regular computer.

is there something in the works to allow pda's to control squeezenetwork?or am i missing something.

polocruz
2006-03-16, 10:44
I'm a newbie myself, but I'm assuming that your error message is due to trying to access the squeezebox directly rather that the slim server on your PC.

I don't think you can control the squeeze network other that using the remote.

FYI, I've been using my old NEC pocket PC to control my 2 Squeezeboxes.

netim3
2006-03-17, 08:01
I think you've misunderstood the question.

Once the SB is connected to SqueezeNetowk (which today can only be done using the SB remote pointed at the relevant SB), the SB is no longer connected to SlimServer, but is connected to SqueezeNetwork instead.

It is now possible to switch SqueezeNetwork stations, or switch between Pandora stations from the www.squeezenetwork.com website, as well as by using the remote.

However, whilst this web interface can be accessed from a PC, and includes album artwork, this webpage does no function correctly in the version of explorer loaded on a Pocket PC such as the IPAQ rx3700. The error message on the Pocket PC is that "Your browser oes not support the SqueezeNetowrk NetControl" which is what usually allows you to select which SB to display information for and to control.

So the question is, is there a way to upgrade this version of Pocket Explorer to handle the NetControl, or is it possible to re-implement the NetControl so that it will run within the Pocket PC explorer environment?

Anyone at SlimDevices able to comment?

tks

Natan