PDA

View Full Version : Missing accented characters again



Bart
2006-03-13, 10:51
Has the missing accented characters bug reappeared?
I know that at one stage I was able to see most of the tracks containing accented characters - but now they are missing again.
I am using MusicIP Mixer 1.6b2 to import the tracks into Slimserver 6.5b1 - 6569 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252 but I had the same problem with Musicmagicmixer 1.5 and Slimserver 6.2.1 (I installed the latest versions of each in an attempt to fix the problem)
I have deleted the MusicIP Mixer .m3lib file and rescanned and then I have deleted the Slimserver cache and re-imported.

Ben Sandee
2006-03-13, 12:02
On 3/13/06, Bart <Bart.24mdhp1142272503 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
>
> Has the missing accented characters bug reappeared?
> I know that at one stage I was able to see most of the tracks
> containing accented characters - but now they are missing again.
> I am using MusicIP Mixer 1.6b2 to import the tracks into Slimserver
> 6.5b1 - 6569 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252 but I had the same problem with
> Musicmagicmixer 1.5 and Slimserver 6.2.1 (I installed the latest
> versions of each in an attempt to fix the problem)
> I have deleted the MusicIP Mixer .m3lib file and rescanned and then I
> have deleted the Slimserver cache and re-imported.


The problem has always been there for me. The problem is somewhere between
MM and SlimServer but it's not clear to me where and I don't have the desire
to figure out who is to blame. I simply renamed my files, removing accented
characters. The tags inside the files contain the real information used
anyway. I know, not ideal but it does work.

SlimServer itself can probably read these files (it could for me). If you
set the music folder in SlimServer to your music folder then they will
probably appear. However, they won't be MM "mixable" because SlimServer
didn't receive them from MM. Some people have had issues with duplicate
song entries with this configuration (both MM and music folder enabled) but
I don't have this problem at all.

I'm sure this doesn't help at all -- sorry! :-)

Ben

Bart
2006-03-13, 12:17
I simply renamed my files, removing accented
characters. The tags inside the files contain the real information used
anyway.
That would explain why I have a few tracks with accented characters showing up, I have just checked and they do not have the accents in the filename, thanks Ben.
However I am not about to find and rename all the files with accented characters!

kdf
2006-03-13, 12:20
works for me just fine using mmm 1.5 fro linux and 6.5b1. In the
past, this has been an MMM bug. Given that you are using a beta of
theirs, please report this. I have enver tested with MMM windows
versions, so it is possible that the API isn't sending back unicode.
-k

Bart
2006-03-19, 05:39
SlimServer itself can probably read these files (it could for me). If you set the music folder in SlimServer to your music folder then they will probably appear. However, they won't be MM "mixable" because SlimServer didn't receive them from MM.Ben
I have now set my music folder to point at the share where the music is and also to import from Musicmagic. Now I can see most of the tracks with accented filenames (although they do not have the MM symbol)

tom permutt
2006-03-19, 07:26
That would explain why I have a few tracks with accented characters showing up, I have just checked and they do not have the accents in the filename, thanks Ben.
However I am not about to find and rename all the files with accented characters!I just did. Here is a complete Perl program to do it:

use File::Find;
use File::Copy;
find sub {($newname = $_) =~ s/\P{IsASCII}//g &&
move $_, $newname
}, "your_directory_here";

If you want lovingly to choose the names yourself, or just to see what's going to happen first, try this instead:

use File::Find;
find sub {($newname = $_) =~ s/\P{IsASCII}//g &&
print "$_ would become $newname\n"
}, "your_directory_here";

Bart
2006-03-19, 08:41
I just did. Here is a complete Perl program to do it:
That was easy! I changed one line to
copy $_, ISADUPE.$newname
so that later, when the import is working properly, I can go back and delete the duplicate files