PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity issues

Zhinjio
2006-03-12, 12:59
Hey folks,

Squeezebox 3, fresh out of the box and having some issues.

Dlink DWL-2100AP wireless access point, had all kinds of initial issues trying to get the SB to talk to the server. Finally setup both to have static addresses, turned off turbo mode, and it managed to 'find' the server in the initial setup thinger.

Instantly it says it wants to update software. I hold down brightness, it brings up what looks like a progress bar, and after about 5 seconds, switches back to a 'cannot connect to slimserver' display. After another second or so, it goes back to the 'hold brightness key down' display, and after another 5 seconds, the unit freezes with the spinning cursor frozen.

Requires pulling the power cord to get it to restart.

Any thoughts?

Frustrated and sad,
- ZJ

DrNic
2006-03-12, 13:38
Hey folks,

Squeezebox 3, fresh out of the box and having some issues.

Dlink DWL-2100AP wireless access point, had all kinds of initial issues trying to get the SB to talk to the server. Finally setup both to have static addresses, turned off turbo mode, and it managed to 'find' the server in the initial setup thinger.

Instantly it says it wants to update software. I hold down brightness, it brings up what looks like a progress bar, and after about 5 seconds, switches back to a 'cannot connect to slimserver' display. After another second or so, it goes back to the 'hold brightness key down' display, and after another 5 seconds, the unit freezes with the spinning cursor frozen.

Requires pulling the power cord to get it to restart.

Any thoughts?

Frustrated and sad,
- ZJ

Hi
Don't get frustrated, yet!!
I would recommend that the initial firmware upgrade be performed in "wired" mode - so just connect it directly to you router and do the firmware upgrade first.
Then see where you get with the wireless connectivity.

Let us know.

Nic

drumac
2006-03-12, 13:52
Where do I find "Use iTunes on" in server settings? When I Open my slimserver, there are no options for settings, only the entry screen under http://localhost:9000/

Obviously, I'm short of novice status.

If I've posted this in the wrong place , pls direct me to the proper forum.

thx

drumac

DrNic
2006-03-12, 14:10
Where do I find "Use iTunes on" in server settings? When I Open my slimserver, there are no options for settings, only the entry screen under http://localhost:9000/

Obviously, I'm short of novice status.

If I've posted this in the wrong place , pls direct me to the proper forum.

thx

drumac

Hi, and welcome!
You could have started a new thread, perhaps in the Beginners forum, but it doesn't really matter!!
You need to go to the Server settings page in the web interface. Depending on which skin you are using depends on where this will be. In the default skin it is listed in the left hand pane somewhere down the page.
The first page of the server settings has the option to "use ITunes". You can let slimserver find the database file for iTunes itself (the XML file) or tell it where to find it yourself. This option is in the iTunes page of server settings.
Hope that helps.

Nic