PDA

View Full Version : SS cuts off last 10 seconds of song...

dlucas
2006-03-12, 04:42
I have an SB2 with firmware version 35, slimserver is latest 6.2.2 download. Files are mostly WMA 128kbps. Recently (I'm afraid I can't remember how/when this started) the player has been skipping or cutting off the final 10 seconds of each song. Can anybody suggest steps I might take to diagnose and fix this problem?

Thanks
Dan

Brian Ritchie
2006-03-12, 10:01
I had something like this happen to me, but it was after I re-ripped some tracks at a different bit-rate. In my case, telling SlimServer to forget everything and rescan did the trick. (A rescan for "new and changed" *didn't* help, btw.)

kweller
2006-03-12, 14:11
In article <dlucas.24k1oz1142163901 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>, Dlucas
wrote:
> Recently (I'm afraid I can't
> remember how/when this started) the player has been skipping or cutting
> off the final 10 seconds of each song.

Hmmm, I've been re-ripping albums this is occurring on as it's not
occurring on all of them. It may well be the MP3s as I know there was a
bum version of my ripper released at one time that truncated the MP3s but
as I used to use crossfade (not an option with synchronised players) I
didn't know which ones had the problem. In light of your experience I
guess I ought to run them through another player first to ensure it's not
SlimServer doing it.

I've tried the clear and re-scan library option but that made no option.

Kevin

dlucas
2006-03-13, 11:40
Thanks to Brian and Kevin for comments. Tried forget and rescan but doesn't seem to have worked for me.

Dan

pablolie
2006-03-13, 12:21
... as I mentioned elsewhere, despite excellent network health mesaurements I have ecountered the odd inexplicable drop, and like you it's mostly -but I can recall the odd exception- towards the end of the song.

What I did:

(1) I unistalled Softsqueeze. Softsqueeze synchronization with the SQB introduces weird bugs.

(2) I rescanned the entire library.

(3) I changed some performance settings on the server. The "items per pass" (to 10) and the DB cache (to 30000)

dlucas
2006-03-17, 18:07
I was advised by tech support to disable the WMA -> WMA (built in) transcode rule in Server Settings
-> File Types. This fixed the problem and also revealed a bug of some kind, which has been put on the list.

Dan

808htfan
2006-05-26, 18:48
I just experienced a similar problem with an mp3.

Using SS 6.2.2's web interface I added a few mp3s to be played. The rest of the songs played fine, but with one particular song, the last few (10 or so) secs get chopped off at the same place every time. The odd thing is that if I clear the list and add just that song alone, it plays fine.

Any ideas?