PDA

View Full Version : Web radio stuttering, the "White Noise of Death" and THIS station

Cleve
2006-03-10, 11:49
Dean, et al;

I've realized that everytime I have a problem with web-radio "stutter", or I experience the "White Noise of Death" I have been listening to THIS radio station - OEM Radio...

http://205.188.215.231:8000/listen.pls

I love the music, and I frequently listen to this station. But inevitably, after a few hours, the music will start to "stutter" - ie, cut in and out every 2 or 3 seconds. The interval is too short to possibly be a buffer issue.

And also, it's while listening to this station that I've experienced the "White Noise of Death". 4 or 5 times in total so far, I believe.

FYI, I listen to web-radio probably 10-12 hours a day, seven days a week(even when I'm out, I tend to leave the stereo on). And I listen to a lot of other web radio stations - not just OEM Radio, the one in question.

I don't know if it's a solution - but if you gents could determine why these issues occur on this particular radio-feed, you'd probably be heading in the right direction to solve a couple of those mysterious user-issues like "White Noise of Death".