Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulerix
    • Mar 2006

New install on Suse 10 - no player?

I installed slimserver on the server and got the server running, or at least I got the interface and got some albums added to the library. But I can't tell if it's actually serving anything. When I go to localhost:9000 and click on 'play', the right side of the screen says no player found. When I browse to the server from other machines or even this one I get nothing. I assume it something to do with permissions, but if anyone has suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. thanks.
  • slimpy
    • Sep 2005

I dont' quite understand what you're trying to do. Do you have a squeezebox and it is not recognised by the server or are you trying to stream to a computer using the http://localhost:9000/stream.mp3 url?
    If the latter is the case you need to connect to the above url BEFORE you choose your music in the webinterface. As soon as you are connected the player will show up in the drop-down menu in the webinterface (might require a refresh).
    If you do have a squeezebox check your firewall settings. The firewall is likely to block connections on the required ports.

-s.

Comment

• paulerix
      • Mar 2006

I don't have a squeezebox yet. I'm trying to stream to players on both Windows and Linux machines, and they're not connecting - I've gotten time out errors (Media Player) and server not found (SoftSqueeze). The only place I've even seen the player interface is on the server, and it says 'no player found' which makes sense since there is no player on the server. I can connect to the web browser on the server, but not to the slimserver.

Comment

• bpa
        • Oct 2005

Check your firewall has opened port 3483 UDP & TCP and port 9000. Also I think there is some mulitcast being used so unless that is opened as well, use the SoftSqueeze pref to select the server using its IP address rather than expect Softsqueeze to discover it.

Don't forget ports must be opened on both server and player machines.

Comment

• paulerix
          • Mar 2006

Thanks, that worked. I had already entered the server's IP, so I don't know if it would have found it on its own, but I'll test that when I install the player on the Linux box.

Next question: when I try to play mp4 files, I get the message "can't open file for:" blah blah blah. I installed faad as instructed at http://www.slimdevices.com/su_faq.html (a bit confusing since the instructions are the same for Squeezebox 1 and 2) but nothing changed. Mp3 files play fine and the permissions are identical so maybe it's something in the way I created the files ... I used Nero 6. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...