PDA

View Full Version : starting SB3 with computer off

JeffCharles
2006-03-07, 09:11
When I turn on my SB3 with the computer that is running slimserver turned off, the SB3 looks for slimserver, and when it cannot find it, turns itself off. Is this normal behavior? It seems to me that I should be able to turn the SB3 on to access squeezenetwork without the computer running.

DrNic
2006-03-07, 09:16
When I turn on my SB3 with the computer that is running slimserver turned off, the SB3 looks for slimserver, and when it cannot find it, turns itself off. Is this normal behavior? It seems to me that I should be able to turn the SB3 on to access squeezenetwork without the computer running.

If you press the left arrow key (back) you should get the option to select Squeezenetwork (connect to squeezenetwork).
You must have set up SN to use it though... First attempt you have to set up your time zone/language and get a SN Pin number - this you then enter at www.squeezenetwork.com when you have created an account.

Nic

JeffCharles
2006-03-07, 09:41
If you press the left arrow key (back) you should get the option to select Squeezenetwork (connect to squeezenetwork).
You must have set up SN to use it though... First attempt you have to set up your time zone/language and get a SN Pin number - this you then enter at www.squeezenetwork.com when you have created an account.

Nic

Thanks. I had already set up squeezenetwork, so the left arrow key worked right away.