PDA

View Full Version : If you store lyrics in your tags

MeSue
2006-03-05, 11:51
This is undocumented as far as I can tell, but I just noticed that if you use LYRICS as one of the data elements for the title format, you can have the lyrics scroll across the Squeezebox display while a song is playing. Here's the title format I have set for my player.

'TITLE' from 'ALBUM' by ARTIST ::: LYRICS

The Lyrics aren't synchronized, but it's kind of fun nonetheless.

Of course, if you want to manually scroll through the lyrics there is Les's Lyrics plugin: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=21552

kbeast
2006-03-28, 19:45
This is undocumented as far as I can tell, but I just noticed that if you use LYRICS as one of the data elements for the title format, you can have the lyrics scroll across the Squeezebox display while a song is playing. Here's the title format I have set for my player.

'TITLE' from 'ALBUM' by ARTIST ::: LYRICS

The Lyrics aren't synchronized, but it's kind of fun nonetheless.

Of course, if you want to manually scroll through the lyrics there is Les's Lyrics plugin: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=21552

mmmmm nice, now that I'm done tagging all my stuf, going back and adding lyrics to all the songs using WinLyrics plugin for Winamp and time stamping most of them.

That is the major downfall to that plugin that it doesn't utilize timestamps-- that would be sweet.

anyway, nice tip..trying out as I type

fuzzyT
2006-03-30, 10:06
kbeast wrote:

> That is the major downfall to that plugin that it doesn't utilize
> timestamps-- that would be sweet.

and a resounding chorus of "Patches Welcome!!!" echoed throughout the
hills and valleys of that great land...

mondelicious
2006-05-16, 18:34
I use the Lyrics tag in iTunes to store long bits of text, e.g. track listings for long mixed dj sets.

I have seen mention of the lyrics being supported in the web ui, but I have not been able to see mine. I am running 6.2.2 on OS X 10.4.6.

It would be great to get a quick synopsis via the lyrics before I decide to listen to a dj set.

I am also interested in accessing this data via the CLI so that I can use it in my TivoHME app.

Edmond