PDA

View Full Version : Place alarm item at the top of SB2 menus?

kyleki
2006-03-03, 09:18
Right now, the only way to get to the Alarm Settings menu item is under Settings (as well as all the other settings). Since I use the built-in alarm quite a bit and find myself navigating there a lot, I was hoping to place the Alarm Settings menu item at the top of the menu hierarchy on my SB2. Unfortunately, the menu editor in the HTML UI doesn't go this granular. The deepest it goes is the Settings menu.

Any way to accomplish this today through manual configuration file edits? Can something like this be added to the UI?

Thanks,
Kyle

kdf
2006-03-05, 16:55
On 3-Mar-06, at 8:18 AM, kyleki wrote:

>
> Any way to accomplish this today through manual configuration file
> edits? Can something like this be added to the UI?
>
at this time, even modifying the prefs won't get you there.
There is a plugin available:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?PluginServerUtilities

This, as with any plugin, can be added to the top level menu

-kdf

notanatheist
2006-03-06, 20:58
Under your player preferences you can click on Menu and at least bring "Settings" up to or near the top. At least that'll reduce the number of button pushes.

kyleki
2006-03-07, 12:33
Under your player preferences you can click on Menu and at least bring "Settings" up to or near the top. At least that'll reduce the number of button pushes.
Right. I know that. That's what I meant by:

The deepest it goes is the Settings menu.
I was hoping there was a way to float the "Alarm Settings" menu item up one more layer to the top, but I guess not. As always, I need to rely on a plugin for this functionality. I just wish some of this (basic?) functionality could make it into the standard slimserver code...