PDA

View Full Version : Controlling Pandora through web interface?

alex_london
2006-03-03, 08:40
Hi

I've just sorted out my SB/SN/Pandora listening experience, and been hapilly listening for a few hours now...

Will there a way to control what's playing on my squeezebox through the Squeezenetwork/Pandora page?

I can obviously start/stop the player, and even see what's being played - but any chance of getting more functionality through the web interface? Selecting playlists, next/previous track, like/dislike, adding to favourites, etc...

Unless if such functionality already exists and I'm doing something wrong!

Cheers
Alex

andyg
2006-03-03, 08:52
Yes, it will be coming soon.

kanoot
2006-03-03, 10:54
Hi
I can obviously start/stop the player, and even see what's being played - but any chance of getting more functionality through the web interface? Selecting playlists, next/previous track, like/dislike, adding to favourites, etc...

Unless if such functionality already exists and I'm doing something wrong!

Cheers
Alex

You can control the likes and dislikes - just hit the right arrow button when a song is playing - you get to choose whether you like it or not. Just like the web version, if you don't like it, it will skip that track.

Very cool

ezkcdude
2006-03-03, 11:01
I hope there is an easier web interface, because I find it very difficult to type in the names of songs or artists with the remote. So much so, that I'm not going to use it until it gets much easier. I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying that, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

alex_london
2006-03-03, 16:25
You can control the likes and dislikes - just hit the right arrow button when a song is playing

Yes, I've been using that - but this is on the squeezebox itself. I was referring to controlling it via the squeezenetworks webpage...

Been listening for 8 hours straight now!!!

Alex

rme
2006-03-04, 05:21
any way to program the remote to press and hold up arrow for like and press and hold down arrow for don't like? Especially for adding the artist to the station your are building instead of song.

Makes it easier if you can't actually see the sb screen when you are listening.

sleepysurf
2006-03-04, 05:32
It would be cool if the "next generation" remotes had GREEN and RED buttons (separate, or dual function) for mixed use, depending upon where you are in the menu cascade. GREEN could mean ADD song to current playlist, or ADD station to favorites, or ADD to Pandora, etc.

In fact, Slim should start working on a "new and improved" remote, including backlight feature. I, for one, would gladly buy them for my current 3 Squeezeboxes, assuming they are backward compatible with SB 2/3 (no reason they couldn't be). Yet another potential revenue stream for Slim!

DjTweed
2006-03-04, 13:32
I hope there is an easier web interface, because I find it very difficult to type in the names of songs or artists with the remote. So much so, that I'm not going to use it until it gets much easier. I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying that, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

You don't have to use the remote. :) I figured it out today... All you have to do is sign into your Pandora account, in a web browser, and create/modify your "Stations" there. Then, when you come back to the SB on SqueezeNetwork, and goto Pandora / My Pandora Stations... you will see your new stations. (Make sure the SB is signed into the same Pandora account)

Good luck,
George

fozzie
2006-03-04, 14:21
No problems here using the remote; it's no more difficult than sending a text message, although it did take me a couple of minutes to hit the right arrow and stumble across all the sub-menus :)