PDA

View Full Version : waterproof remote control

Builder Brad
2006-03-03, 00:45
The Squeezebox is such a great piece of kit!

now I have most of my Cd collection ripped and have replaced the Cd in my main system i am now looking at additional units around the house.

I am looking for a waterproof remote control for the SB2 to use in a hot tub. I would be happy to either mod the existing remote, or buy a programmable/universal one.

does anyone have any ideas

Robin Bowes
2006-03-03, 02:15
Builder Brad wrote:
> The Squeezebox is such a great piece of kit!
>
> now I have most of my Cd collection ripped and have replaced the Cd in
> my main system i am now looking at additional units around the house.
>
> I am looking for a waterproof remote control for the SB2 to use in a
> hot tub. I would be happy to either mod the existing remote, or buy a
> programmable/universal one.
>
> does anyone have any ideas

Plastic bag? :)

R.

ceejay
2006-03-03, 02:39
Plastic bag? :)

R.

Indeed! Make sure its sealed with enough air in it and it would float as well! (but not so much air that you can't get to the buttons, that would be frustrating...).

Or there's always the voice-control that various people have asked for...

Ceejay

jimmy100
2006-03-03, 05:51
Something like this?

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=42&t_mode=des

Pale Blue Ego
2006-03-03, 06:28
does anyone have any ideas

How about just using a playlist? Do you really need to control the Squeezebox during a 20-minute hot tub session?

tyler_durden
2006-03-03, 06:49
One would hope that while in the tub you would have better things to do with your hands than playing with a remote control.

TD

Builder Brad
2006-03-03, 07:45
good ideas....and thoughts!

one of the good things about the sb is the option of browsing your entire music collection, but you do need a remote to do this.

I like the Pda cover option

plastic bag may be an option during the longer dips ie. partys

any other ideas

there must be a programmable and waterproof remote out there that works with the sb

randy
2006-04-25, 13:43
MasterSpas Balboa Dolphin Remote Control

MeSue
2006-04-27, 19:12
I've been using the small plastic zip lock bags for my boombox remote control out by the pool and it has worked fine. When one get tattered I replace it. :-) A 99 cent box lasts me all summer.

I've been thinking of putting a Squeezebox out by the pool this summer since there doesn't seem to be a Squeezebox boombox in the near future. What are you using for amplification and speakers with your hot tub set up? I've been looking at the 900MHz wireless outdoor speakers.

malsbury
2006-04-27, 20:09
MasterSpas Balboa Dolphin Remote Control

There is one up now on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4458192151

It says that is based on the One-for-All brand of remotes which should have the JVC DVD code that is compatible with Slimserver.

But for the price, you could buy a lot of zip lock bags.... or even a few Slim Remotes if you accidently dropped a naked one in the tub.

--Tom Malsbury