PDA

View Full Version : Artists showing up twice in Browse Artists

Mike Anderson
2006-03-02, 19:18
I know I've seen this problem mentioned elsewhere, but I can't find the thread now.

This problem just started out of the blue. If I use the web interface to Slimserver and click on "Browse Artist", some (but not all) of the artists are listed twice.

Any clues?

I'm running SlimServer Version: 6.2.2 - 6245 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252.

JJZolx
2006-03-02, 19:39
I know I've seen this problem mentioned elsewhere, but I can't find the thread now.

This problem just started out of the blue. If I use the web interface to Slimserver and click on "Browse Artist", some (but not all) of the artists are listed twice.

Any clues?

I'm running SlimServer Version: 6.2.2 - 6245 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252.
It usually helps to drill down under the different instances of an artist and seeing which albums, then which tracks are shown. Could be a various artist issue. They seem to come and go on a weekly basis if you follow the nightlies.

Mike Anderson
2006-03-02, 20:23
It usually helps to drill down under the different instances of an artist and seeing which albums, then which tracks are shown. Could be a various artist issue. They seem to come and go on a weekly basis if you follow the nightlies.

The album and track listings are identical for each instance of an artist.

Mike Anderson
2006-03-02, 21:04
This also shows up if I use the remote to click "Now Playing" and go to the right on the Squeezebox to see the song details - the artist is listed twice.

Mike Anderson
2006-03-02, 21:06
Arg - now the artist is showing up THREE times!

stinkingpig
2006-03-02, 22:08
>
> Arg - now the artist is showing up THREE times!
>

Do you have the Lazy Search plugin installed?

--
Jack Coates At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin, so across the Western
ocean I must wander" - traditional

Mike Anderson
2006-03-02, 22:55
^^^ Yup. Let me do some searching, sounds like that's the problem.

Mike Anderson
2006-03-02, 23:15
Can I just get rid of Lazy Search and rescan my library?

ceejay
2006-03-03, 00:55
Can I just get rid of Lazy Search and rescan my library?

No need to get rid of Lazy Search, but you may need to do a complete clear and rescan of the library.

The issue arises when you put a new album into the library - because LazySearch adds the search code to the artist (in the Artistsearch column, I think), it appears to the code that the artist for the newly added album is different to the one already in the database, so a duplicate gets added.

Have a look in the Plugins forum for threads about LazySearch.

Ceejay