PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen this error



lnxguru
2006-02-28, 18:33
I suspect what I'm seeing is a Perl issue and not a SlimServer problem but I wanted to ping this forum to get your thoughts.

I'm running 6.2.1 on Debian testing and I've started seeing the following message on start up:



chinstrap:~# /etc/init.d/slimserver start
Starting Slimserver: Had to create DBI::_dbistate unexpectedly at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/DynaLoader.pm line 245.
/etc/init.d/slimserver: line 20: 6746 Segmentation fault start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec ${DAEMON} --chuid ${USER} --chdir ${HOME} -- --daemon --prefsfile=${CNFFILE} --pidfile=${PIDFILE} --logfile=${LOGFILE} ${SLIMSERVER_OPTS}
slimserver


It comes from Perls DynaLoader but I can't see from where in the slimserver code it comes from. Anybody else seen this or have an idea on how to track it down?

Dan Sully
2006-02-28, 18:56
* lnxguru shaped the electrons to say...

>I suspect what I'm seeing is a Perl issue and not a SlimServer problem
>but I wanted to ping this forum to get your thoughts.
>
>I'm running 6.2.1 on Debian testing and I've started seeing the
>following message on start up:

Yes - 'rm CPAN/DBI.pm'

-D
--
vacation (n) : an extended trip away from home in search of inconvenient ways to connect to the Internet.

Ben Sandee
2006-02-28, 19:15
On 2/28/06, Dan Sully <dan (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com> wrote:
>
> * lnxguru shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >I suspect what I'm seeing is a Perl issue and not a SlimServer problem
> >but I wanted to ping this forum to get your thoughts.
> >
> >I'm running 6.2.1 on Debian testing and I've started seeing the
> >following message on start up:
>
> Yes - 'rm CPAN/DBI.pm'


Dan,

I've been doing this for about 6 months now. Any chance that this won't be
necessary in the future?

Ben

Dan Sully
2006-02-28, 19:45
* Ben Sandee shaped the electrons to say...

>I've been doing this for about 6 months now. Any chance that this won't be
>necessary in the future?

Are you on Debian, or another platform?

Ideally, we'd like to create packages that are tailored for a few Linux
distributions: Debian, Mandrake, FC & SuSe, using their native package
dependency tracking.

I've rejiggered the @INC checking in 6.5 - could you try that and see if you
have the same issue?

-D
--
<dr.pox> does whistling in the dark make me go blind faster?

lnxguru
2006-02-28, 19:51
That did the trick!

Thank you very much.

Ben Sandee
2006-02-28, 21:27
On 2/28/06, Dan Sully <dan (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com> wrote:

> Are you on Debian, or another platform?
>
> Ideally, we'd like to create packages that are tailored for a few Linux
> distributions: Debian, Mandrake, FC & SuSe, using their native package
> dependency tracking.
>
> I've rejiggered the @INC checking in 6.5 - could you try that and see if
> you
> have the same issue?


I'm on Debian testing. I just tried updating to r6442 without removing the
file and it worked just fine. Thanks Dan!

Ben

Dan Sully
2006-02-28, 23:30
* Ben Sandee shaped the electrons to say...

>> Are you on Debian, or another platform?
>>
>> Ideally, we'd like to create packages that are tailored for a few Linux
>> distributions: Debian, Mandrake, FC & SuSe, using their native package
>> dependency tracking.
>>
>> I've rejiggered the @INC checking in 6.5 - could you try that and see if
>> you
>> have the same issue?
>
>I'm on Debian testing. I just tried updating to r6442 without removing the
>file and it worked just fine. Thanks Dan!

Great. There's also a Debian package for 6.5 as well.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?DebianPackage

-D
--
<jwb> "I am POWERBOOK thy god. Thou shalt have no other laptop before me"
<gage> and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and the hills shall melt

Ben Sandee
2006-03-01, 09:05
On 3/1/06, Dan Sully <dan (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com> wrote:

> >I'm on Debian testing. I just tried updating to r6442 without removing
> the
> >file and it worked just fine. Thanks Dan!
>
> Great. There's also a Debian package for 6.5 as well.
>
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?DebianPackage
>


Hmm, neat! I think I'll stick to 'svn up' for now but I may try out the
..deb temporarily just to see how it works.

Ben