PDA

View Full Version : Why not have SqueezeNetwork signed on all of the time?

Sam Lowry
2006-02-28, 17:00
Just wondering why we need to sign in and out of SqueezeNetwork. It's such a cool feature. Are there plans to full incorporate it?

- SL

Mark Lanctot
2006-03-03, 15:23
Just wondering why we need to sign in and out of SqueezeNetwork. It's such a cool feature. Are there plans to full incorporate it?

- SL

Do you mean through the Squeezebox or through the www.squeezenetwork.com website?

The website already has a cookie that will automatically log you in if you allow the cookie.

The Squeezebox needs to sign in/sign out to be able to connect to your SlimServer. If you're not using SlimServer, then don't sign out of SqueezeNetwork...

Slim Devices has stated that they want the process to eventually be transparent - you won't know the difference between local files on your SlimServer and Internet streams on SqueezeNetwork.

Keep in mind SqueezeNetwork is not even a year old.

DjTweed
2006-03-04, 13:34
I leave my SB3 logged into SN all the time now. Ever since Pandora I don't even listen to my music server! ;)

d_anders
2006-03-05, 14:59
I leave my SB3 logged into SN all the time now. Ever since Pandora I don't even listen to my music server! ;)

No doubt. The combination of Pandora and Squeezebox is a killer app.

Sam Lowry
2006-03-05, 15:56
Do you mean through the Squeezebox or through the www.squeezenetwork.com website?

The website already has a cookie that will automatically log you in if you allow the cookie.

The Squeezebox needs to sign in/sign out to be able to connect to your SlimServer. If you're not using SlimServer, then don't sign out of SqueezeNetwork...

Slim Devices has stated that they want the process to eventually be transparent - you won't know the difference between local files on your SlimServer and Internet streams on SqueezeNetwork.

Keep in mind SqueezeNetwork is not even a year old.

Yes, I realize I wasn't clear. I didn't realize how new it was. And yes, I was hoping for the "transparency" you mentioned. I want it all at once. No extra effort needed. Fewer menus, so all my music and radio stations are available at all time. Glad to hear that is the goal.

gobikey
2006-03-29, 15:46
- - - maybe a clarification of the same question - - -
i imagine this has been asked in other recent threads. has anyone found a way to use Pandora while the SB is connected to a Slimserver? i have to switch to the slim network and then choose pandora. is there a way to add it into the internet radio menu when connected to the slimserver?

kdf
2006-03-29, 15:56
At this time, Pandora is only available when logged into
squeezenetwork. It has been stated many times that the goal is to
eventually have some sort of seemless ui between slimserver and
squeezenetwork, but that is some as yet undetermined point in time.

-kdf