PDA

View Full Version : Problem with mp3.mp3 files



gorman
2006-02-28, 02:30
When the server invokes the
mp3 mp3 transcode *
[lame] --resample 44100 --silent -q $QUALITY$ --abr $BITRATE$ $FILE$ -option to transcode to a lower bitrate, I seem to be unable to play Brian Eno's Music For Airports.
LAME goes to 100% processor use for 10-15 seconds, the process then stops and then I find the album directory with files like

01 - 1 1.mp3.mp3

When the original was 01 - 1 1.mp3.

Tags are:

Title: 1/1 (I tried changing to 1_1, nothing changed)
Artist: Brian Eno
Album: Ambient 1 - Music For Airports
Track: 1
Date: 1978

Technical info from Foobar2k is:

enc_delay = 576
enc_padding = 2088
mp3_accurate_length = yes
bitrate = 178
channels = 2
samplerate = 44100
extrainfo = VBR
mp3_stereo_mode = joint stereo
replaygain_track_gain = +1.46 dB
replaygain_track_peak = 0.665960
replaygain_album_gain = +0.65 dB
replaygain_album_peak = 0.691248
codec = MP3
--------------------
45931032 samples @ 44100Hz
(mod 588 = 0)

This happens on a Squeezebox 1, Slimserver version 6.2.2 - 6354.

The same song, not transcoded, plays perfectly on both SB1 and SB2.

gorman
2006-02-28, 14:24
Was using Lame 3.90.3 in a directory in the path.

Put Lame 3.97b2 in the bin directory under the Slimserver directory and everything seems working well now. :)