PDA

View Full Version : Live365 and song info

pankaj
2006-02-27, 13:10
Hello

I know it's been sort of addressed before, but how exactly do I get song information on my SB3 while using Live365 + SqueezeNetwork (NOT Slimserver)?

I have a Live365 VIP member account, and I CAN see the current playing song information on the Live365 site... but not on the SB.

Non Live365 (like Radio Free Colorado) show all details on the current song, and that's that best part of the SB, IMO.

I have a SB3, and Win XP Pro.

Thanks for any help..

Pankaj

andyg
2006-02-27, 13:22
pankaj wrote:
> Hello
>
> I know it's been sort of addressed before, but how exactly do I get
> song information on my SB3 while using Live365 + SqueezeNetwork (NOT
> Slimserver)?
>
> I have a Live365 VIP member account, and I CAN see the current playing
> song information on the Live365 site... but not on the SB.

I don't think Live365 currently provides this information outside of their own
web interface. They could send it with their audio stream like many other radio
stations do, but for some reason they choose not to do so.

pankaj
2006-02-27, 13:53
Thanks, AndyG.

From the Live365 Forum:

"Meta Tag data is not included in the audio streams of live365, but send seperate as a constant refreshing HTML page for each station. So the tag data is available but send in a different way.

Slimline (or the community) could try to program the Slimserver in such way that it shows this Live365 data on the display. There are several scripts & info available to seperate the items (artist, song, album, time, etc) to use this data in your own way. If a Slimeline developer sees possiblities I'm sure he/she gets all info needed from Live365. Many of us broadcasters use this data to show on our web sites what is "playing now" on our stations."

And, from another mail:

"Actually it is an XML feed."

So, is there a plugin/fix? Or would a Slim Developer want to take this up? There'd be atleast ONE grateful SB user!!!

d_anders
2006-03-05, 15:18
Unless you want to listen to your own live365 station, or a friend's, Pandora is going to kill live365.

mark-e-mark
2006-03-30, 05:52
I've never heard that Live365 is going to retire or that Pandora owns it. Can you elaborate? Where did you get this informaion? Thanks.

Adam_F
2006-03-31, 14:33
Just a point of view I think - Live365 and Pandora are not connected in any way. In any case, I can't see the arrival of Pandora signalling the end of Live365 (at least I hope not). Interesting though Pandora is, it's too mainstream for my tastes. I've discovered a lot of stuff through Live365 that Pandora doesn't seem to know about... I think both have their place.

Adam.