Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scatbass
    • Feb 2006

Slimserver album grouping question

Simple question (I hope)...I normally browse music by artist, then select an album and hit play and slimserver plays all the tracks in that album. The problem is...if there is another album by another artist that shares the same name, it automatically adds those tracks as well, interleaved with the album I am selecting. At first I thought it was only "Greatest Hits" albums, and I messed with those controls to no avail, but then I noticed that I have 2 seperate albums with the title "Hold Your Fire" (one by Rush, the other by Firehouse). I would like to be able to browse to Rush, then to "Hold Your Fire" and hit play and expect it to only play the 10 songs on that album, but it adds the songs by Firehouse as well. Please tell me this can be corrected (even Winamp has a method for correcting this). This annoys the crap out of me and there seems to be no way to shut it off!!! I can't stand software that assumes it is smarter than you!!! How do I rectify this?
  • JJZolx
    • Apr 2005

Go to Server Settings/Behavior and add any album names that behave like this to COMMON ALBUM TITLES. I'm not sure, but I believe you may then have to rescan your library afterwards to get the setting to take effect.

Comment

• scatbass
      • Feb 2006

That did it, thanks. The part I missed before was the rescanning...I didn't realize that information was stored at time of library scan as opposed to "on the fly" sorting.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...