Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tloden
    • Feb 2006

Nightly slimserversql.db rebuild

I'm having an issue scheduling a nightly rebuild of my slimserversql.db. On W2K, I've got a Scheduled Task at 2:00 AM to run db_rescan.bat:

net stop slimserver
    cd Cache
    rename slimserversql.db slimserversql.db.old
    cd ..
    slim.exe --scanonly --logfile database_rebuild.log
    net start slimserver

Dirt simple, but the problem is that my SB1 is powered off (or asleep) after the rebuild runs. My question is :

1. Is there a better way to schedule a rebuild? (from the command line without shutting down the slimserver service - otherwise, slim.exe complains that the slimserversql.db is locked)

2. Can I wake up / power up remotely? (saw threads on WOL, but most all the discussions were about waking up a PC, not an SB).

FYI: I rarely use the remote.

Thanks.
    TRL
  • Michael Herger
    Babelfish's Best Boy
    • Apr 2005

> I'm having an issue scheduling a nightly rebuild of my slimserversql.db.
    > On W2K, I've got a Scheduled Task at 2:00 AM to run db_rescan.bat:

There's a plugin Rescan which does automatically rescan your library.
    Configurable from the slimserver web interface.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Help translate SlimServer by using the
    StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• tloden
      • Feb 2006

The rescan plugin on the server settings page?

I was hoping for something that I could run nightly (with out having to either remember or click).

Comment

• Siduhe
        • Jun 2005

There's a plugin built into Slimserver which does just what you're looking for.

On the Player menu go to Plugins, Rescan Music Library, set Rescan time, then down to switch the plugin on.
        Who am I on LAST.FM?
        "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Comment

• tloden
          • Feb 2006

Re: Nightly slimserversql.db rebuild

Thanks! - found it (actually, re-found it).

Which reminds me why I started down this path - it appears to do a "new and changed" music scan only. I'm looking for a "clear and redo from scratch". I have about a 11K song library and I'm constantly correcting typo's and makig various edits to the tags which the rescan doesn't always pick up. (Though I did "fix" a browser cache issue that solved my new artwork problem.)

Is there a way to specify a start from scratch with the plugin (or do I need to hack rescan.pm)?

Comment

Working...