PDA

View Full Version : Squeezenetwork/Firmware 33 issue

Jungle
2006-02-21, 12:05
I'm not sure if this is a bug or user error - hence the post here. If I'm doing anything really dumb, I hope someone can point it out - using short, easy words, obviously...

Since upgrading my 2 SBs to firmware version 33, I can no longer connect to Squeezenetwork. When I select it from the menu, the SB displays says, in big lettering, 'Connecting to Squeezenetwork'. This font changes after c. 10 seconds to a small font saying the same thing and then the SB goes dead. To bring it back to life, I have to power cycle the unit.

I'm getting the same result on both an SB2 (wireless) and an SB3 (wired) unit. I haven't tried downgrading the firmware yet as I'm hoping it is user error rather than a bug.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

seanadams
2006-02-21, 12:22
This may be related to Squeenetwork's IP address changing, although if your router is giving Squeebox a valid DNS server, that shouldn't matter.

Please try FW35 which will be in the next nightly.

Jungle
2006-02-21, 12:34
This may be related to Squeenetwork's IP address changing, although if your router is giving Squeebox a valid DNS server, that shouldn't matter.

Wow, that was a quick response!

I would have thought that if the SB was failing to find SqueezeNetwork, it would just exit gracefully rather than dying. I'll have a look at the IP address for Squeezenetwork - I can navigate to www.squeezenetwork.com quite happily and my router (I'm using a Netgear DG834G) seems to resolve all addresses OK. Here's hoping that firmware 35 sorts the problem OK.

Thanks for the tip.

Jungle
2006-02-23, 03:12

Upgraded to latest nightlies earlier today and to FW35 but the problem still persists.

Any further suggestions to solve the issue would be gratefully received.

Jungle
2006-02-27, 06:23
Upgraded to latest nightlies earlier today and to FW35 but the problem still persists.

Any further suggestions to solve the issue would be gratefully received.

Having looked through other posts, I have managed to get this issue resolved. All it took was to manually enter IP details for my two SBs - they seemed to need direct addresses for DNS servers rather than taking the details from my netgear router.

Once I'd changed that, everything worked OK. Quite why this was required, I can't say - there didn't seem to be a problem with address resolution from any other device on the network - but at least I'm now happily back on SqueezeNetwork.