PDA

View Full Version : Problem connecting to squeezenetwork

gemco
2006-02-20, 08:36
Hi
I have had my SB3 since Xmas evrything was working fine until two weeks ago I suddenly was unable to connect to the Squeezenetwork I am getting a 'cant find address' message. I am using a Netgear Wireless router DG834G have tried disabling firewall - SB3 is set to auto on find IP address.

I have very basic IT networking skills and experience so if anyone is kind enough to help please assume I am a time traveller from 1950 when providing any help or advice :)

All other aspects of my SB3 seem to work fine ??

Many thx

R

ceejay
2006-02-20, 09:20
Hmm, advice for a 1950s time traveller could be tricky, I didn't think we had wireless networks then! :)

Just to clarify a couple of things: your SB3 is otherwise working normally? So you can play tracks using slimserver? If so that eliminates most of the usual problems...

Second, can you confirm that your internet connection is up at the time you are trying to reach Squeezenetwork? A good test might be to try to access http://www.squeezenetwork.com/ from a browser on your computer.

It might also help if you let us know which OS (Windows?) and version you are using, and which version of slimserver.

Ceejay

gemco
2006-02-20, 10:58
Hmm, advice for a 1950s time traveller could be tricky, I didn't think we had wireless networks then! :)

Just to clarify a couple of things: your SB3 is otherwise working normally? So you can play tracks using slimserver? If so that eliminates most of the usual problems...

Second, can you confirm that your internet connection is up at the time you are trying to reach Squeezenetwork? A good test might be to try to access http://www.squeezenetwork.com/ from a browser on your computer.

It might also help if you let us know which OS (Windows?) and version you are using, and which version of slimserver.

Ceejay

Hi Ceejay

SB3 working normally otherwise yes and I can play tracks no problem.

Internet connection working absolutely fine and have double checked at time of trying to connect to Squeezenetwork.

I am using Windows XP Home edition not sure what version of Slimserver but it is very recent (last week) as I removed it and downloaded it again from the SD website.

R

ceejay
2006-02-20, 15:58
Hi

only just noticed this is a cross-post from one you have in the Squeezenetwork forum. Best to keep the discussion in one place.

Thanks
Ceejay

gemco
2006-02-21, 09:56
Hi

only just noticed this is a cross-post from one you have in the Squeezenetwork forum. Best to keep the discussion in one place.

Thanks
Ceejay

OK sorry about that just thought using the shotgun approach might pay dividends!