PDA

View Full Version : How do I totally clear out my music list and start over?

Kyle
2006-02-20, 08:29
I'm starting to have duplicate tracks show up in my album listings. A clear and rescan seems to get rid of some of them, but not all of them. Would erasure of my music files and a new scan help this problem, and how would I do it? I have WinXP, SS 6.2.1 and don't use MySQL or SQLite.

ceejay
2006-02-20, 09:13
I'd be intrigued to know how Slimserver 6.2 runs without either MySQL or SQLite, and what it's doing when scanning if not filling one or other of those?

Try looking for a file called slimserversql.db in somewhere like C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Cache This is a SQLite database. Delete it (or rename) and restart slimserver, it should create a new one.

HTH

Ceejay

Kyle
2006-02-20, 12:02
I'd be intrigued to know how Slimserver 6.2 runs without either MySQL or SQLite, and what it's doing when scanning if not filling one or other of those?

Try looking for a file called slimserversql.db in somewhere like C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Cache This is a SQLite database. Delete it (or rename) and restart slimserver, it should create a new one.

HTH

Ceejay
Sorry, I meant MySQL. I guess it is using SQLite.

Mark Lanctot
2006-02-21, 07:56
Delete it (or rename) and restart slimserver, it should create a new one.

Isn't this what the "clear library and rescan" option does though?

Kyle, I assume you've tried that?