PDA

View Full Version : Noob Questions

DrZaius007
2006-02-19, 11:35
I am looking to buy a wireless audio solution whether it is Squeezebox or Roku. One of things that I am worried about is all my DRM music that I downlaod from YahooMusic. I know with the ROKU, it can play DRM'd music without any problems. I really like the SB applications/Plugins better but have not been able to find anyone who can verify or not DRM WMA's will play from the SB. Please help?

Siduhe
2006-02-19, 11:49
From the FAQ:

Does Squeezebox support Windows Media or Real Player formats?

Squeezebox does support WMA CBR, WMA VBR, and WMA Lossless encoded files (but not DRM protected files) [emphasis added] when SlimServer is running on Windows. WMA Internet Radio streams are now supported as well. We hope to add support for streamed Real formats in the near future.

So the answer to your question is no, not at the moment.

mherger
2006-02-19, 12:42
> -Does Squeezebox support Windows Media or Real Player formats?
>
[..]
>
> So the answer to your question is no, not at the moment.

While WMA has been added to SB2/3, it's still possible to play them on SB1
using the AlienBBC plugin.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

DrZaius007
2006-02-20, 12:37
To be able to stream/play DRM protected music through your system? Roku can already do this! I have a lot of money tied up in Yahoo music, and I want to be able to play the music that I have downloaded through my wireless player of choice.

pedalvet
2006-02-20, 18:48
I think I read somewhere that if you burn your DRM tunes to CD, then re-rip them you should be able to play them on your SB. I can not personally attest to this though, I get my music the old fashioned way (I buy the CDs).

DrZaius007
2006-02-21, 15:04
I think I read somewhere that if you burn your DRM tunes to CD, then re-rip them you should be able to play them on your SB. I can not personally attest to this though, I get my music the old fashioned way (I buy the CDs).

I buy cd's as well. But I also rent legally through napster and yahoo. Would like a way to enjoy that music as well.