PDA

View Full Version : Success but: How to change from auto back to manual start? AM static issue?

dickmc
2006-02-17, 15:10
Thanks for all the threads. Essentially installed SB2 with wired net automatically w/o issue. System is:
--windows XP,
--Linksystem BEFSR41 DSL router, and
--Panda Antivirus plus Panda Firewall.
Firewall was no issue. Found DCHP automatically and no port issues or enables required. (Panda may not be the greatest firewall Iíve ever used but neither they or Trend Micro will apparently tolerate having Zone Alarm even in the computer.)

Setup in Slimserver autostart but would like to change to manual start. Can't find any thing on the www interface to change back from autostart. Is it possible to do so ...or... do I have to uninstall SlimServer_v6.2.1.exe and reinstall with the autostart cleared??????

When Squeezebox 2 is powered up or in idle and playing or not playing, there is a large amount of static (something like 20 Hz static crackle) on the an AM receiver about five feet away, but is not on FM band. Pushing the Power on the Remote makes no difference. Static is not from the power supply as unplugging the power plug from the Squeeze box stops it immediately even though the power supply is still plugged in and is just unplugged from the Squeezebox2. Anyone else noticed this?

Again basic system works great and install was essentially automatic. Much better and far more easier that I would have thought. Music on Squeeze Box 2 is extremely impressive!

Now if I can just kill auto start. Will probably have to add a manual switch on the DC power when listening to AM radio.

ceejay
2006-02-17, 15:21
Try Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services ... find slimserver in the list ... right click ... properties ... startup type = manual

HTH
Ceejay

dickmc
2006-02-17, 15:36
"Try Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services ... find slimserver in the list ... right click ... properties ... startup type = manual
HTH Ceejay"

Thanks Ceejay,
Worked great!
Regards,
Dick